Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I say it again, Haaland would break all Premier League goal scoring records playing for us. We are laughably profligate and this season it is costing us.
    Whilst FSG are in charge a signing like that isn't happening unless we were to sell either Mane and/or Salah.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Thiago for Phillips and Hendo drop back.

Its an even game and I knew it would be tight the games are catching up with teams now and quality is sub standard shall we say.

if fsg don’t pull their finger out and bring 2 cb’s in january that is a serious dereliction of duty.

we aren’t winning the league like this.

a cm, a pile of garbage in phillips and a rookie?? someone’s takin the piss

Phillips a real worry. Bruce surely telling Wilson to run at him.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    TAA has stank the place out.. The ball near the end of the half where he played the ball into the middle. he coulda cared where it went.
    His body language is what's most disappointing to me.

Just looks like he couldn't be fussed to be out there.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    TAA has stank the place out.. The ball near the end of the half where he played the ball into the middle. he coulda cared where it went.
    Exactly what I thought. Lazy as fuck and he did it again shortly after. He needs a boot up the arse. Far too many comfortable positions in this team now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    His body language is what's most disappointing to me.

Just looks like he couldn't be fussed to be out there.
    his attitude stinks, been sayin it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Wouldnt be surprised to see Thiago for Phillips and Hendo drop back.

Its an even game and I knew it would be tight the games are catching up with teams now and quality is sub standard shall we say.

...in the 87th minute?

Klopp might surprise us all and actually make a sub in the 82nd minute this time.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Thiago surely going to start the second half. I would be tempted to drop Henderson back to CB before Phillips gifts them a goal. One thing about Gini, no one keeps the ball better than him and as they break on us every time we carelessly give the ball away, Gini wouldn’t be doing that nearly as often as happened in that half.

As for the front three, poor again. Keep getting into good positions and ballsing it up either with a poor final ball or first touch.

Mo Salah should most definitely be scoring his clear chance too.

HT Really very poor half, spent most of it like the WBA game trying to pass through them, we didn't win the league passing through teams, we won it by trying that and mixing it up with going direct too and actually scored most of our goals from the direct stuff or winning second balls and then scoring from that position, Our best chance was Bobby's header, ball played over the top by Millie, Robbo doesn't win it, Mane wins the second ball and tees up Bobby, just like how a lot of our goals last season were scored

We NEED to mix it up and Newcastle aren't camped on their own 18 yard box, their line is a lot higher than anticipated, try and pass through, try and go wide and get crosses in, play the switches, try some of the more direct stuff, trying all those things is what makes us so formidable

Hook Jones for Ox or Thiago at HT please, he's been worse than the last game, too slow and ponderous, wants too much time and too many touches

Over to Jurgen as ever to work his HT magic and make sure we're a fucking damned site better second half
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”