Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Southampton

Talking a load of shite on MNF as usual, waffling on about the filthy and Fernandes, they're an average side, they have benefitted more than anyone from other teams injuries and smaller squads in this fixture congestion riddled season and from VAR and that is the only reason they are anywhere near right now
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

And if we were bringing in a CB I would have thought he would be having a medical by now

Hendo at RCB might be tactical, he might be there to hit the long diagonals we miss so much with Virgil out, especially as that's frequently our out ball against sides that press us and Southampton will press us

Jordan Van Djik there is nothing this man cant do !

Being serious we cant carry on with two CMs at CB its pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

We won't

Not with Keita Ox and thiago in midfield- won't be long until henderson has to move back to CM don't worry because we'll nearly run out of midfielders again

Matip should be back for UTD game

but it is matip..... so who knows?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 4th January 2021 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

I wouldn't play him at CB, I can only assume it is to hit the long diagonals, we have really missed those with Virgil out, all these people talking about our playing more like UAE FC moving forward, for me that would be a huge mistake, we do need and want more ability to play through sides, but moving forward a mixture of that and our really direct play is the winning formula for me, after 2 or 3 seasons of tappy tappy teams work out how to defend it and hit you with the direct stuff, some saying people have worked us out with how we played the last 2 seasons this season, which for me is absolute bollocks, as because of injuries and rotation we're not and haven't played like we did in the last 2 seasons.

Teams tried to do what they have done to get draws this season in the last 2 seasons, the difference was our consistency of selection and formation and all the incredibly strong relationships and understandings that came with it, teams knew what to expect, but were helpless to stop it

I think Hendo is playing CB for two reason.

One his ability on the ball as he is a CM and second he can run the last two games must have scared Klopp.

Its not somerhing im comfortable with but it is what it is.

If Matip isnt back for Utd we are going to be in for a rough time.

We won’t want to be facing too many corners and free kicks swing into our box, there’s no one to win a header.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Talking a load of shite on MNF as usual, waffling on about the filthy and Fernandes, they're an average side, they have benefitted more than anyone from other teams injuries and smaller squads in this fixture congestion riddled season and from VAR and that is the only reason they are anywhere near right now
    Flip flop Neville getting excited again. Let them crack on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    To be fair to Fernandes he's been great for them. Currently if you gave me a choice of him or KDB, I'd take the former.