Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Went down to Cardiff last Saturday to watch Wales v Italy in the six nations at the Principality Stadium. Match finished 24-21 in favour of Italy. What was alarming however was the lack of any atmosphere. What an awful occasion. The standard of rugby from both sides was good but not really appreciated anywhere in the stadium.
    Can't see me watching very much rugby in future - its not a patch on any Liverpool game, anywhere.

Solicitors

Just wondering what people's views are on solicitors. I'm asking because I've become aware of a (small) number of errors that solicitors have made, and caused collosal legal problems for people.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Solicitors

Just wondering what people's views are on solicitors. I'm asking because I've become aware of a (small) number of errors that solicitors have made, and caused collosal legal problems for people.
    In the 1970s my Dad was left £300 in a will. 40 years later it was revealed that the solicitor had made an error and had put the decimal point in the wrong place. It should have been £3000. Back then that would have bought you a modest house. This only came to light after the solicitor died and they discovered a trail of other 'errors' he had made (all in his favour). My Dad was eventually paid the £2700 but it wasn't adjusted for inflation. Could have changed his life but hey ho.

https://thepostmillennial.com/just-in-daddy-satan-to-host-childrens-drag-show-for-palestine-in-arizona-bookstore

BREAKING UPDATE: 'Drag Show for Palestine' hosted by 'Daddy Satan' in Arizona for kids canceled after backlash
    The drag show invited parents to bring their children....

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    In the 1970s my Dad was left £300 in a will. 40 years later it was revealed that the solicitor had made an error and had put the decimal point in the wrong place. It should have been £3000. Back then that would have bought you a modest house. This only came to light after the solicitor died and they discovered a trail of other 'errors' he had made (all in his favour). My Dad was eventually paid the £2700 but it wasn't adjusted for inflation. Could have changed his life but hey ho.
    So, the solicitor made an "error" that benefitted him/her. Sounds a bit like PGMOL, though we don't know who benefits from all the "errors " they make against LFC.

In 1982
    I left a job in 1982 having paid about £300.00 into its pension fund.
    Someone from that fund tracked me down after I retired.
    That fund had grown to £7000.00

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    In 1982
    I left a job in 1982 having paid about £300.00 into its pension fund.
    Someone from that fund tracked me down after I retired.
    That fund had grown to £7000.00
    Nice. Wasn't a solicitor was it?

Good lord that's shocking. The Snidey bastard.
    The difference that could have made for your Dad.
    I wonder how much money he made for himself with all those deliberate mistakes.
    Back then and beyond unsuspecting law abiding people who place their trust in people like that will have lost tons and they'll never know.

Masons, some/most of them?

Why on earth do we and others have to sell arms to one of the most modern army's in the world?

Against the mighty, Hamas too? jesus wept.

Makes you wonder if a huge broke out, noone would have ammunition.... see ukraine russia, stopped giving ukraine aid, but you know for israel against a small terroist group with shit gear let's be honest...... err ok.

Sell to Israel and kill more kids, we love it, but let's let russia overpower ukraine and be on the borders with poland and take over the country...... yeah fantastic.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.