Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not a bad day first vaccine done, and job induction on the 30th, longer than i'd like but it is what it is.
    Congratulations, kev. Which job have you gone for?

Not a bad day first vaccine done, and job induction on the 30th, longer than i'd like but it is what it is.
    You waited this long, you could've waited until the Euros were over !!
    Delighted for you mate, I hope it works out.

Nice one Kev. Best of luck to you mate.
    Did you have Pfizer or AZ? I had Pfizer and was fine afterwards.

Thanks all, I did a positive + and negative list to work it out, I ended up going for the screwfix warehouse thing, they was all full time, but if I want to do overtime there too, you get paid time n a half, plus 8 hour shifts not 12 hours like culina, and more similar to what I did in the past, it's not the most exciting of jobs but something I know i should be able to do fine, and work hard at go home and earn some money, i'm happy because it means I can see my friend in sweden next year, and i've not been on holiday for ages and after everything I can't wait to go abroad, last time was in Cornwall 14 years ago! I guess I went for more of the "safe" option but at this moment it's the best thing for me.

And tees was Pfizer, as i'm under 40 My arm hurt yesterday and aches a little today, but apart from that i've been fine, had a weird dream that involved pens killing me though.

Still shocked I managed to book it the day before, and the place is only 5-10 mins away from me walking, my dr's wanted me to go to a place on the 16th of june 6 miles away... (they text me)..

Submitted a pretty rare sighting to a local Ornithology page.

Got a reply a few hours later saying they'd been contacted by Springwatch, who may want to use the pic/s.

Could be a spoof, but if it's a legit request and they use it I will be over the Moon.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Submitted a pretty rare sighting to a local Ornithology page.

Got a reply a few hours later saying they'd been contacted by Springwatch, who may want to use the pic/s.

Could be a spoof, but if it's a legit request and they use it I will be over the Moon.
    Congratulations. Do you think Covid may have helped wildlife through the reduction in road traffic?
    We have mostly common species here in the South Wales valleys - blackbirds, tits, robins, starlings, loads of rooks, buzzards.
    Are you able to share what you sighted?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Congratulations. Do you think Covid may have helped wildlife through the reduction in road traffic?

Are you able to share what you sighted?
    Unquestionably. Particularly in 2020 during the strictest of the lockdown spell. Ravens nested on the City Hall of Belfast for example. More people are seeing Pine Martens than ever as the roads were quiet enough for them to venture across roads and use forestry plantations of Sitka Spruce as "bridges" to get from one area to another, which will boost the Red Squirrels a bit as Martens catch the Greys more easily.

Most significantly though will be the reduced noises of traffic, as Birds sing to each other to communicate, particularly when it comes to advertising for mates. If there is less noise, your song is more likely to be heard as it will carry further - so some Birds will have had a better time in this department.

Reduced traffic also means reduced collisions - good for slow-moving birds such as Owls or Harriers, plus less aerial pollutants would give insects a better chance, which has benefits through each layer of the food chain.

As to what I saw, I managed to see an Osprey hunting fish. There are very, very, very few of these birds around in Northern Ireland even compared to the very low numbers throughout the UK and Ireland, so to see one less than 10 miles from Home is a once in a lifetime experience really.

Have since had a phonecall from Springwatch so this has become pretty legit!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Have since had a phonecall from Springwatch so this has become pretty legit!
    Ohh that's exciting you'll have to let us know when you have more info.

Looks like we'll have no mad "legal" scenes in pubs during the euros, no way will lockdown be lifted completely 21st sadly.... Sigh.