Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Managed a few hours last night, and had a weird dream.... same as the night before to be honest

Considering i've had 3 hours sleep roughly in about 4 days i'm not doing to bad...

I just don't understand it, i've never had a problem, nothing has changed in my life at all, recently it's very strange, hopefully tonights the night getting a dirty takeaway, going to watch some stuff then switch off, and hopefully sleep until the noon or something, i wouldn't mind sleeping all day to be honest.
    A hard days work would sort you out 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    A hard days work would sort you out ����
    I'll leave that for you

I'm being covid-secure you know?

At least i'd probably sleep if I caught that..... ok not thing to joke about..

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'll leave that for you

I'm being covid-secure you know?

At least i'd probably sleep if I caught that..... ok not thing to joke about..
    Well that takes care of the last ten months. What about the other 10-20 years?

P.S. I know how bad/serious sleep issues can be. A few years back I went FIVE days without sleep, which had/has serious implications when it comes to at least six of my conditions, including the rarest/most debilitating, and one of the most dangerous mobility/life threatening.

Yeah that must of sucked bigtime..

I'm lucky in a way I guess, but I just want to do the most natural thing a person can do, apart from going the toilet.... it's all I ask for...

It's amazing how much it effects you, i had plans to do things this week but instead i'm here moaning hardly being able to keep my eyes open / concentrate, yet I still can't sleep, how is that possible?

Like I said this was suddenly aswell started 4 nights ago for no apparent reason?!?!

Can't even play games without smashing my keyboard because i'm shit due to reaction speed, all i want to do is eat and sleep (the later part I can't!!)..... fed up

I know what you mean about just wanting to do 'natural' things. Unfortunately I have issues with every single one of them.

The reason you might not be able to sleep could be for numerous reasons. Once you start not being able to sleep you can end up trying to force the issue, which just makes things worse. If you are not comfortable/are in pain it can make getting to sleep a nightmare, and then you have any kind of mental health issues such as anxiety, which can provide a whole new level of hell.

What you could try is a combination of a walk, followed by a hot bath/shower, a couple of painkillers, and then into a 'cool' bed whilst listening to something soothing or 'unexciting' e.g. a podcast or YouTube video about quantum mechanics. It doesn't always work (I can't doing the walking bit or have a bath) but it's worth a shot.

As for the games and your reaction speed, I know exactly what you are on about. I have a similar issue. One of my medications does the same to me and infuriates me as a game I play (one where I am number one in the world) requires you to do things (notably one particular level) in a certain time, and this loss of reaction speed/cognitive functioning ends up with me repeatedly starting this one level over and over again.

I'm in the process of deleting friends and family, who are no longer with us, from my contacts on my phone, it's one of the saddest things i've ever done.
    Getting there.

I'm so sorry to hear that, phil. It must be awful. But stay strong and remember the good times!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that, phil. It must be awful. But stay strong and remember the good times!
    Do know what mate, my Dad died last year, he was 85 and my mum died the year before, she was 84, in a way I'm glad they're not around to live through this pandemic, i really don't think they would have coped with it.
    Getting there.

That's a good point - not a great time to in a risk group.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Interesting "LFC online" has like 200k+ members in group on facebook.