Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324252627282932 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Autoglass.
    Phoned autoglass this morning after our car window was smashed by some R sole(s) overnight.
    Yes they can do the repair.
    In five days time!
    What is the point. They don't put that in their adverts, do they?

Who ever gave women the idea they could compete in men's sports?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    WTF?
    Was this in the UK?
    Any links?
    https://thepostmillennial.com/teacher-alleges-fired-not-meowing-student-cat

Post-modernisms war on reality, biology.

I'll put up a longer post with more examples and how you go from transgender, to transracial, to transspecies.

3rd week in a row that I have managed to get a "first" on my Birds list.

Was Snow Bunting today, Glossy Ibis a week ago, Ring Ouzel the week before that.

Stupidly pleased!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Congratulations Sid. All I see round here are rooks, pigeons, magpies, robins, tits, gulls, blackbirds, sparrows, and the occasional buzzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    3rd week in a row that I have managed to get a "first" on my Birds list.

Was Snow Bunting today, Glossy Ibis a week ago, Ring Ouzel the week before that.

Stupidly pleased!
    I went to Center parcs before Xmas with my partner and the kids. There was loads of different types of birds, my partner knew all of them as she was a keen spotter as a youngster.
    It was great to see them all from the back doors of our lodge, bullfinch, woodpecker,blue and grey tits, loads more I can't remember! We took lots of food for them and hung it in the trees, they hoovered it up!
    Red squirrels too, fighting for food and territory.

Congratulations Sid. All I see round here are rooks, pigeons, magpies, robins, tits, gulls, blackbirds, sparrows, and the occasional buzzard.
    There's no denying that habitat and patience are a factor. I travel for a lot of my Birds, even if it isn't so much about going far (often as little as 30 minutes) as it is being really patient.

Sometimes I'll do a "Your Team Against" thread or comment in a match thread after the game saying "was out Birdwatching lads" - there are times I've been out for 8-and-a-half-hours at a specific spot to maybe see a specific Bird for 20 seconds.

There's a road I know where I can see Hen Harrier (a bloody rare Bird) but I might only see it 1-in-10 of the times I go there and only if I am really observant and drive the length of the (quiet) road multiple times.

If you ever want pointers on seeing particular types, I can give you loose guidelines as to what habitat to travel to.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I went to Center parcs before Xmas with my partner and the kids. There was loads of different types of birds, my partner knew all of them as she was a keen spotter as a youngster.
    It was great to see them all from the back doors of our lodge, bullfinch, woodpecker,blue and grey tits, loads more I can't remember! We took lots of food for them and hung it in the trees, they hoovered it up!
    Red squirrels too, fighting for food and territory.
    A delight to hear you're seeing Red Squirrels - I only know of a few spots where I can see them - whereabouts are you?

Fair play to your partner, she's a keeper Bullfinches are lovely things - hard to see as they're very shy.

I was out for a number of hours today with intention of seeing Otters. Didn't find any - did see a Kingfisher though and also an animal that I love the aesthetic of (but hate what it does to the ecosystem) in the form of a Mink! Only the second I've ever seen.

Had the pleasure of a flock of 120 or so Fieldfares yesterday, wonderful Birds.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Thanks Sid. Might take you up on that habitat offer some time.
    Happy hunting (you know what I mean)!

Thanks Sid. Might take you up on that habitat offer some time.
    Happy hunting (you know what I mean)!
    I do!

I actually got a first today out dog-walking.

A Stoat! I have been trying for one for years. There's a narrow road I drive on where I navigate a Pothole every couple of feet (hundreds on this awful road) about 40 minutes away as it's a renowned spot - I'll sit for hours, no joy.

Sheer blind chance one runs across my path today in my local park where I walk dogs. Split second sighting but no doubt as to what it was.

Can't believe it.