Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425262728293033 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Petrol and diesel car s are going to be absolutely hammered by the UK government, going forward.
    Suggest anyone in the UK who drives, takes a close look at what this government is doing to drivers
    The 'Build Back Better' green agenda....The elite will have cars,you feckers won't!!...(I've never driven,it's a rip off)...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    The 'Build Back Better' green agenda....The elite will have cars,you feckers won't!!...(I've never driven,it's a rip off)...
    or maybe it'll be more like Mad Max...

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    or maybe it'll be more like Mad Max...
    You could well be right there mate....If this 'Great Reset' courtesy of those fascist wankers at the W.E.F. and all the infiltrated,hijacked western G7 governments aren't stopped it will be for all of us.....

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There's no denying that habitat and patience are a factor. I travel for a lot of my Birds, even if it isn't so much about going far (often as little as 30 minutes) as it is being really patient.

Sometimes I'll do a "Your Team Against" thread or comment in a match thread after the game saying "was out Birdwatching lads" - there are times I've been out for 8-and-a-half-hours at a specific spot to maybe see a specific Bird for 20 seconds.

There's a road I know where I can see Hen Harrier (a bloody rare Bird) but I might only see it 1-in-10 of the times I go there and only if I am really observant and drive the length of the (quiet) road multiple times.

If you ever want pointers on seeing particular types, I can give you loose guidelines as to what habitat to travel to.

A delight to hear you're seeing Red Squirrels - I only know of a few spots where I can see them - whereabouts are you?

Fair play to your partner, she's a keeper Bullfinches are lovely things - hard to see as they're very shy.

I was out for a number of hours today with intention of seeing Otters. Didn't find any - did see a Kingfisher though and also an animal that I love the aesthetic of (but hate what it does to the ecosystem) in the form of a Mink! Only the second I've ever seen.

Had the pleasure of a flock of 120 or so Fieldfares yesterday, wonderful Birds.
    We were at Center Parcs in Cumbria. Its a red squirrel sanctuary. Lots of them there.
    A mink! Never seen one or an Otter in the wild.
    Why are Minks bad for the ecosystem?

Anyone got their revised energy bills? 200 quid a month! Going up 80 pounds.
    NI rise in April, Council tax rise too.
    No hols fir me and kids this year unless I get plenty of overtime.
    Very worrying for some, my sister is very worried that she won't manage. She will be fine as my folks can help but I really feel for those who don't have support. How on earth do people manage who are already struggling.
    This Govt are allowing this to happen too, the Russia Ukraine situation is a convenient distraction for them.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Anyone got their revised energy bills? 200 quid a month! Going up 80 pounds.
    NI rise in April, Council tax rise too.
    No hols fir me and kids this year unless I get plenty of overtime.
    Very worrying for some, my sister is very worried that she won't manage. She will be fine as my folks can help but I really feel for those who don't have support. How on earth do people manage who are already struggling.
    This Govt are allowing this to happen too, the Russia Ukraine situation is a convenient distraction for them.
    The Russia sanctions situation is making it even worse, it's pushing fuel prices even higher

There could be a serious issue with gas supply also, I read last night that almost all our gas is supplied by Norway, but in their agreement with the EU, if events occur that leave EU nations short, they have to stop our supply to make sure the EU has its

The Tories, as much as I loathe them didn't actually create this cost of living crisis all by themselves, it's the result of historic Tory and New Labour policy over the past 40 years, the cost of living crisis has been with us since the early 90's, because of the nature of the policy that creates it, it was always going to affect more people with each passing year affecting those first affected to greater extent each year

Policies on privatisation, housing, zero hours contracts and fiddling the inflation registers to get everyone working for less each year are the fundamental causes of the cost of living crisis

With the inflation register it has always been incredibly apparent to me that they are fiddled, the fiddle overall inflation for everything people need to present as artificially much lower than actual, and they fiddle wage inflation to present as much higher than actual

They're trying to tell us right now that inflation is at 5.5% Look at your bills, look at the essentials people need to live, food, electric, gas, fuel, rent/mortgage council tax, phone, internet, it's pertinently over 50% right now, it's been at least 5% every year for the past 40 years

I've been banging on about this for almost 40 years now and the dangers of the "I'm alright Jack attitude" I've continually said about the cost of living crisis and housing crisis that it will 'catch up' with and 'engulf' almost all the people who voted for more of the same time and time again because it wasn't affecting them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I daresay the Ukrainian crisis is a great excuse for every sector to raise their prices and blame it on Putin and the fog of war. Canned food was mentioned today.

Fecking greedy energy companies are raising gas prices because the number of suppliers is being compromised (Russian suppliers being sanctioned).

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Fecking greedy energy companies are raising gas prices because the number of suppliers is being compromised (Russian suppliers being sanctioned).
    Imagine if this shithouse Govt had done the decent thing and not given carte blanche to raise prices upto 54%. They should have followed Frances lead, it should not be allowed when energy companies are making obscene profits but that's this Govt all over.
    They do not give a fuck about working people and are literally taking the piss out of us daily.
    The next election will be interesting. There's always the Tory voters who'll vote for them regardless but the middle group, the ones who are swayed in the weeks leading upto it are the ones who need to have the last few months etched into their minds. The sleaze,cronyism,parties,cost of living etc, that's before anyone mentions the word Brexit and how they have made a baboons arse of it.

The last 11 years of their legacy are a fucking stain on the country there isn't one thing they have improved.
    Nobody in my opinion can justify this Govt, its the worst in our lifetime by a stretch. They are fucking abhorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Imagine if this shithouse Govt had done the decent thing and not given carte blanche to raise prices upto 54%. They should have followed Frances lead, it should not be allowed when energy companies are making obscene profits but that's this Govt all over.
    They do not give a fuck about working people and are literally taking the piss out of us daily.
    The next election will be interesting. There's always the Tory voters who'll vote for them regardless but the middle group, the ones who are swayed in the weeks leading upto it are the ones who need to have the last few months etched into their minds. The sleaze,cronyism,parties,cost of living etc, that's before anyone mentions the word Brexit and how they have made a baboons arse of it.

The last 11 years of their legacy are a fucking stain on the country there isn't one thing they have improved.
    Nobody in my opinion can justify this Govt, its the worst in our lifetime by a stretch. They are fucking abhorrent.
    It's all the govs over the past 40 years Tees, in my lifetime, since I was old enough to vote, we have only had the opportunity to elect one party, a Labour Party, when it was led by Corbyn, whatever people think of him, that is the only time in most of our lifetimes there was a party we could have elected that would represent normal working people and put and end to us all being ripped off -

But idiots who follow the medias Goldfish bowl politics who've never bothered to follow the thread and have no idea how we arrived where we are somehow let Farage and CO convince them that the EU was to blame for all theirs and the UKs problems, rather than it being the 40 years of Tory and New Labour policy that actually did

Starmer is desperately trying to absolutely bury all of the policy for desperately needed change, that most of had over 65% public approval and support, that he got elected Labour leader swearing to continue with, just as Blair did with New Labour MK1 the last time the Tories made themselves unelectable

Thank the morons for fucking us all over with their stupidity and ignorance, because with Starmer leading Labour and pissing all over the parties democracy, just as Blair did, we almost certainly won't get another shot at having anyone available to elect who will bring the much needed change in any of our lifetimes
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”