Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Aye we did mate yesterday on the Causeway tour. Stopped Dunluce castle too, quality. We did loads of Game of Thrones stuff. It's a fab city and even three full days was nowhere near enough so we'll defo be back.
    It's a beautiful place, I could easily see that City hosting the Olympics it's that good. Not especially a huge Titanic fan but that's an impressive museum and the whole quarter is mint.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it . Next week we've got the biggest whopper of them all Joe Biden over . £7 million quid for a couple of hours at ulster University telling us how Irish he is. So you dodged a bullet ( parden the Belfast pun ) there.
    And hopefully you didn't go on one of them hateful "troubles" tours . From someone who grew up through all that, that is the last thing we should be promoting.
    Funnily enough I took a walk with our dogs down by the Titanic museum with my Dad today. And he was telling me stories about his time working in the shipyard in the early 70's. Stuff I've never heard before, things you'd never get away with today.
    I'd a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed it . Next week we've got the biggest whopper of them all Joe Biden over . £7 million quid for a couple of hours at ulster University telling us how Irish he is. So you dodged a bullet ( parden the Belfast pun ) there.
    And hopefully you didn't go on one of them hateful "troubles" tours . From someone who grew up through all that, that is the last thing we should be promoting.
    Funnily enough I took a walk with our dogs down by the Titanic museum with my Dad today. And he was telling me stories about his time working in the shipyard in the early 70's. Stuff I've never heard before, things you'd never get away with today.
    I'd a great day.
    No we just took a bus and walked around. I was tempted to do a black cab tour though, the guy on our Giants Causeway tour was a Catholic and said a few anti protestant things but seemed quite balanced in his views when talking about the history of the troubles.
    I find it fascinating how Belfast has changed. I guess during the 70s and 80s there wasn't a lot in terms of tourism?
    That Titanic quarter is a great area, I enjoyed the Titanic museum much more than I thought.

No we just took a bus and walked around. I was tempted to do a black cab tour though, the guy on our Giants Causeway tour was a Catholic and said a few anti protestant things but seemed quite balanced in his views when talking about the history of the troubles.
    I find it fascinating how Belfast has changed. I guess during the 70s and 80s there wasn't a lot in terms of tourism?
    That Titanic quarter is a great area, I enjoyed the Titanic museum much more than I thought.
    It's changed loads since then. Though when I'm in Liverpool I love having a walk around looking at the old buildings and London is amazing for the architecture. Belfast apparently was very like Liverpool but getting blown to bits for 30 years took its toll.
    Also it's bloody expensive for a night out. Liverpool is alot cheaper £6+ for a pint now in town.
    The Titanic museum is very good, I enjoyed it myself. If I had been on it I know which room I'd been sleeping in !

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It's changed loads since then. Though when I'm in Liverpool I love having a walk around looking at the old buildings and London is amazing for the architecture. Belfast apparently was very like Liverpool but getting blown to bits for 30 years took its toll.
    Also it's bloody expensive for a night out. Liverpool is alot cheaper £6+ for a pint now in town.
    The Titanic museum is very good, I enjoyed it myself. If I had been on it I know which room I'd been sleeping in !
    I thought the prices were about what I'd expect for a city. Love that Crown liquor saloon.
    I too love a bit of architecture spotting. Definitely something that's developed as I've got older and having an old Victorian house. Geeky as looking at ornate architraves, ceiling roses and stuff. Haha.

Surprised to hear Biden is touring Ireland next week after he ducked next month's Coronation citing old age!

I'm at Giants causeway. It's mint..
    I was there last Sunday for the first time in years - last time I was there the visitor's centre wasn't there.

I'd say half the people at the place (hundreds) were Icelandic or Japanese.

We met a lovely fella with an Irish Wolfhound that helped settle my autistic niece down - he's given me an email in case I ever want to meet him at a show if I were to want to know more about getting a pup - very decent lad.

Few Wheatears floating about - will be seeing them everywhere soon. Some Swallows and Sand Martins around Bushmills.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I was there last Sunday for the first time in years - last time I was there the visitor's centre wasn't there.

I'd say half the people at the place (hundreds) were Icelandic or Japanese.

We met a lovely fella with an Irish Wolfhound that helped settle my autistic niece down - he's given me an email in case I ever want to meet him at a show if I were to want to know more about getting a pup - very decent lad.

Few Wheatears floating about - will be seeing them everywhere soon. Some Swallows and Sand Martins around Bushmills.
    I saw a Raven for the first time sat outside having a pint of Guinness at the causeway hotel.
    I think it was a Raven anyway. Pied wagtail too, my GF knows her birds.

I saw a Raven for the first time sat outside having a pint of Guinness at the causeway hotel.
    I think it was a Raven anyway. Pied wagtail too, my GF knows her birds.
    Didn't realise Ravens drank Guinness.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Didn't realise Ravens drank Guinness.
    😂

Americans actually voted for Joe Biden to be president. And they thought Trump was bad !!