Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Just started my fourth cycle of chemo yesterday, Thursday. I'm due to have six cycles in total - one day of intravenous chemo, two hours sat in a chair in hospital. Followed by fourteen days of chemo tablets. Followed by six days break, could be construed as recovery time. The IV has wiped me out this time. Tiredness/exhaustion and neuropathy - sensitivity to cold in my fingers/hands, my feet, and parts of my face - nose, mouth, tongue. I'm sure younger people could sail through it, I'm six months away from my 70th birthday.
    The third cycle was fairly crap as well, causing tiredness/exhaustion. Like I say, I'm an old fart and people younger can probably deal much better with the treatments.
    Finally, I've mentioned before. If you know anyone who's not sure about something going on with their bodies, encourage them to have it looked into and sorted out.
    Ciao

Stay strong Redebreck. You've got this fella. 💪. Will you be on chemo meds for good after your main treatment? My partner is.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Stay strong Redebreck. You've got this fella. 💪. Will you be on chemo meds for good after your main treatment? My partner is.
    Hello my friend. The plan is that I'm on chemo to reduce or possibly remove the tumour (bowel/rectal cancer). If it needs surgery then I'll have the surgery and could be fitted with a stoma bag. I shouldn't need to go back on chemo meds after the surgery, at least they haven't told me such. Hope your partner is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Hello my friend. The plan is that I'm on chemo to reduce or possibly remove the tumour (bowel/rectal cancer). If it needs surgery then I'll have the surgery and could be fitted with a stoma bag. I shouldn't need to go back on chemo meds after the surgery, at least they haven't told me such. Hope your partner is OK.
    Ah right. Hope it goes to plan mate. You're in good hands.
    My partner is good, got the all clear over a year ago but it was a long hard road she went on with complications but she's a tough cookie.

Very best of luck with your treatment redebreck.

Thanks all of you for your support and best wishes. Just finished my fourth cycle yesterday. Its hard going but bearable. Another two cycles to go. Can't wait to finish so I can find some energy from somewhere.

Isle of Man TT starts today.
    Tremendous sport.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/65795090

Best wishes redebreck. It sounds like hell but hopefully there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Stay strong mate.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Two Chinese snooker players have been handed lifetime bans fir match fixing.
    PGMOL next?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/65641122

Final race of the 2023 Isle Of Man TT.
    balls of steel, all of them.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/northern-ireland/65759132