Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 323536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

We bought a water feature two to three weeks ago - water pump
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Garden-Family-Umbrella-Fountain/dp/B00SRJH21G/ref=asc_df_B00SRJH21G/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=256069126230&hvpos=&hvnetw= g&hvrand=13831415117588068493&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqm t=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045375&hv targid=pla-356473374467&psc=1

Couple of days ago, I happened to look out the window and saw a male blackbird bouncing around the garden (as they do - you know how they 'walk'). Eventually the bird jumped up on the water feature and had a drink. Next minute it was bathing in the water.
    This morning, looked out the window to see two sparrows having a bath.
    Cheeky buggers, all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Interesting/funny true story -
    20 or so years ago we were driving back home from Aberystwyth. Just past a small town/village near Brecon, we came upon something very strange at the side of the road. This was farming country.
    It was around ten o'clock at night and dark.
    Looking from the driver's side of the car there was a five-bar gate. On top of the gate was sat an owl. Possibly a barn owl, I'm not sure. Just the other side of the gate, inside the field, was one sheep. The sheep seemed to be looking at the owl, and the owl looking at the sheep. Our immediate thought was "they're having a chat". Never seen anything like it before or since.
    Hope you start to enjoy your reading again!
    That's brilliant mate!

Barn Owl would be very pale in appearance, black eyes. Tawny (in England, Wales, Scotland but not Ireland) are brown with black eyes, Long-Eared Owl (brown, orange eyes) and the wintering Short-Eared Owl (yellow eyes) is pale, but not so much as Barn Owl. Also the Owl most likely to be seen during daytime.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

We bought a water feature two to three weeks ago - water pump
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Garden-Family-Umbrella-Fountain/dp/B00SRJH21G/ref=asc_df_B00SRJH21G/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=256069126230&hvpos=&hvnetw= g&hvrand=13831415117588068493&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqm t=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045375&hv targid=pla-356473374467&psc=1

Couple of days ago, I happened to look out the window and saw a male blackbird bouncing around the garden (as they do - you know how they 'walk'). Eventually the bird jumped up on the water feature and had a drink. Next minute it was bathing in the water.
    This morning, looked out the window to see two sparrows having a bath.
    Cheeky buggers, all of them!
    Bathing Birds are such a treat. I would love to have a Bird bath but I worry about Trichomoniasis a lot so have stuck to the feeders, which get cleaned once a week. To be fair if the Birds need water it tends to collect on my garage roof.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Not sure if this is strictly off-topic, but Ryan Reynolds and the other guy who've bought Wrexham, are now investing in F1 - Renault/Alpine.
    One of the other partners is RedBird.
    Where have I heard that name before?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66016904

Travelled from our home in South Wales to Brentwood in Essex on Monday, and returned today Friday. By car.
    Journeys were challenging to say the least.
    1 so many vehicles on the road
    2 the standard of driving
    3 service stations near London were charging 30 pence per litre for petrol MORE than filling stations away from the motorways, and away from London.

The number of cars on the road is ridiculous. One thing I noticed is there are so many gas guzzlers with only one one person aboard. Crazy.

I started driving, sticking to the Highway Code, many years ago.
    Today, people driving just don't seem to even know about the Highway Code. Drive and see what you can get away with, seems to be the new way.

Capitalism seems to have instilled greed into so many people in the UK.
    Petrol prices at the filling stations near London have been increased purely because the companies seem to think they can get away with charging whatever they want.

Congratulations to Leigh Leopards, winning the English Rugby League Challenge Cup at Wembley today.
    The club has had a chequered history..
    https://leighleopards.co.uk/club-history/

Go on your Google maps and type in Amazon rain forest. Then go on street view.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Eh ? Did they fix it ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Eh ? Did they fix it ?
    Did you have a look at it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    How do you get into "Street view"?