Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 138

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    That's the problem with this forum when someone goes missing sadly you don't know if they've just gone inactive for a bit or something has happened IRL (much like yourself when you vanished) even more so with your problems

    Thinking of what to do that's more productive lately instead of video games in my free time, which is a lot atm, i've started doing some fitness , thinking of learning a Lauguage perhaps online, try and self-teach much as possible using the interwebs resources, or if anyone has any ideas??

    Probably going to try learn some swedish first, yes I know a lot of swedish speak english still, but it's still nice to know some, also one of the "easier" ones to learn I believe, and a old school friend who's from sweden orignally and went back there after few years of uni here, it would be good to visit him on holiday when the time is right as it's been years.. and sweden is beautiful

    Decided I can spend more time doing productive things, than "waste life" on video games, now it's just the matter of finding said things to do.

    Spent a good amount of time on videos games in the past, there's nothing wrong with it but I feel like I need to live and do more in the real world, and life is wasting away a little just spent on games, afterall- it's just pixels etc it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    DuoLingo is a good free course for learning languages. There is also a premium version called DuoLingo Plus that costs.
    Meanwhile here is an introductory lesson in Swedish...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3M1nppd3c

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,707
    Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    DuoLingo is a good free course for learning languages. There is also a premium version called DuoLingo Plus that costs.
    Meanwhile here is an introductory lesson in Swedish...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3M1nppd3c
    Thanks for that, I've decided to use that and pratice phrases via google translater Swedish voice > english text to make sure I say it right! I didn't notice but if you go over the swedish words it says it in speech so then i copy that into the translater until i get it right

    en man och en kvinna a man and a woman is far as i've got so far- that's all I need to know right?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Thanks for that, I've decided to use that and pratice phrases via google translater Swedish voice > english text to make sure I say it right! I didn't notice but if you go over the swedish words it says it in speech so then i copy that into the translater until i get it right

    en man och en kvinna a man and a woman is far as i've got so far- that's all I need to know right?
    Duo Lingo keeps giving you tips as to how best to use it .
    You might also now or later like to add something like this which is a new Swedish word every day
    https://www.transparent.com/word-of-the-day/today/swedish.html
    Plus find yourself a good online dictionary.
    And if you can afford it buy a big Swedish- English dictionary
    Did you enjoy my link to the 2 Ronnie's Swedish lesson?
    Good luck with your learning!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,707
    Yes haha, and thank you very helpful much appreciated

    I'm actually enjoying it so far, didn't think I would, can be a bit frustrating though, and i Know it'll take ages to get anywhere decent but heyho!

    Still better than wasting time on games

    who knows, I may even learn another more useful language after, although I know it's going to take forever.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 14th March 2021 at 09:09 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    3,410
    Had my first Astra-zenica vaccine last Saturday. Only side-effect (I think!) was it made me tired, slept about five hours.
    Anyone else?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,707
    Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Had my first Astra-zenica vaccine last Saturday. Only side-effect (I think!) was it made me tired, slept about five hours.
    Anyone else?
    Hi I havn't personally, but the rest of my family have, think i'll have mine in a few months or so depending how quick they get to my age group.

    Brother- had the same as you was tired after he had the injection (had his before me even though younger due to asthma)
    Dad and mum both felt a bit dizzy/hot at night time, but that's about it

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    31,964
    Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Had my first Astra-zenica vaccine last Saturday. Only side-effect (I think!) was it made me tired, slept about five hours.
    Anyone else?
    I had mine a few weeks back. I felt achy for a couple of days, something which may not be that bad for most people. but given my normal medical issues, it was something I could have done without.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,982
    Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Had my first Astra-zenica vaccine last Saturday. Only side-effect (I think!) was it made me tired, slept about five hours.
    Anyone else?
    Had mine on Monday, didn't get any side effects other than feeling overly warm for about an hour and a half, my brother had his the same day and he went pretty rough for a few hours, like anything, they effect everyone differently, after my old man had his second he got a really sore and painful knee, not having done anything to it to make it like that the next day and it lasted for four days
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    31,964
    Danny Kelly is a narcissistic, know-nothing bell end, who some including himself make out is the font of all knowledge and sense when it come to football and music (he loves name dropping and constantly informing everyone that he used to be the editor for NME).

    He's currently hosting his weekly "Trans Euro Express" football show. They were talking about Portugal, namely their defence, and Fias and Pepe, whereby Danny Kelly basically said that Pepe isn't all that anymore, to which his guests said "Err Danny, did you not just see his MOTM performance in the CL where his team who were expected to be 'whipping boys' put out the mighty Juventus, led by the mighty Christiano Ronaldo?'.

    Then "Vienna" by Ultravox got played as part of Danny Kelly's weekly ego stroking/musical 'homework' (songs with European city names in the title), to which he not only said he doesn't like it (he might have even said it was overrated), but he then showed his profound (lack of) musical knowledge by saying that the song spent many weeks at number one, when in fact it never reached number one in the UK as a result of being at number two for four weeks, with it being behind "Shaddap You Face" by Joe Dolce for three weeks, and behind "Woman" by John Lennon for a week.

    All that would have been bad enough, but he then after playing "Barcelona" by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballé, goes on to say "I dislike Freddie Mercury's voice in an extremely visceral way".

    Danny Kelly you are a massive d-head who like many has somehow managed to attain a number of prominent, well paying positions despite being less knowledgeable, proficient and prone to talking sense than you and your 'fans' make out.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Danny Kelly is a narcissistic, know-nothing bell end, who some including himself make out is the font of all knowledge and sense when it come to football and music (he loves name dropping and constantly informing everyone that he used to be the editor for NME).

    He's currently hosting his weekly "Trans Euro Express" football show. They were talking about Portugal, namely their defence, and Fias and Pepe, whereby Danny Kelly basically said that Pepe isn't all that anymore, to which his guests said "Err Danny, did you not just see his MOTM performance in the CL where his team who were expected to be 'whipping boys' put out the mighty Juventus, led by the mighty Christiano Ronaldo?'.

    Then "Vienna" by Ultravox got played as part of Danny Kelly's weekly ego stroking/musical 'homework' (songs with European city names in the title), to which he not only said he doesn't like it (he might have even said it was overrated), but he then showed his profound (lack of) musical knowledge by saying that the song spent many weeks at number one, when in fact it never reached number one in the UK as a result of being at number two for four weeks, with it being behind "Shaddap You Face" by Joe Dolce for three weeks, and behind "Woman" by John Lennon for a week.

    All that would have been bad enough, but he then after playing "Barcelona" by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballé, goes on to say "I dislike Freddie Mercury's voice in an extremely visceral way".

    Danny Kelly you are a massive d-head who like many has somehow managed to attain a number of prominent, well paying positions despite being less knowledgeable, proficient and prone to talking sense than you and your 'fans' make out.
    Never heard of him!
    Is he related to Lorraine? Sam?

Similar Threads

  1. Your thoughts on the next few months LEAGUE
    By Kev0909 in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22nd January 2021, 02:56 PM
  2. Post your thoughts (2020 Edition)
    By RedNoodle in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 31st December 2020, 11:09 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th December 2020, 03:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd November 2020, 07:09 AM
  5. Post your thoughts 2019 edition
    By RedNoodle in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 23rd June 2020, 02:23 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •