Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 01/01/21

Of course we need another quality CB, but that isn't the only area of pitch where we need reinforcements and/or a different type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    In the calendar year 2020, Fabinho was ranked #1 for LFC with both interceptions and tackles made 64...38. A lot of those would have occured while playing in midfield.
    The big red Fabinho alarm has went off in the 19x ivory towers

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The big red Fabinho alarm has went off in the 19x ivory towers
    lol
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    No need to whinge?? Where do you get off telling people we're not getting relegated??? FSG-PAID TOP RED ALERT!!! THE END IS NEAR WE'RE DOOMED!
    That's ok then I hope we finish outside of top4 because then I can say I was right

You have to keep improving to stay top / invest

as long as i'm right that's all that matters

Let's all be happy about it.

I really hope we keep drawing against teams like WBA,Fulham it really makes me happy, excites me top stuff gives me a thrill up the saints init

Needed to replace Lovren and we didn't, i'm looking forward to all the excuses and reasons if we don't do it again though, from the non "whiners"- when it's pretty obvious what we're whining about is the reason(s) why we won't but that's ok, why would we want to win anything anyway? where's the fun in that? I really hope utd will beat us to it, that'll be top banter init

Won't be the 85th min subs to try and change the game when we need a goal
    Getting a player injured in a pointless game (could of been the difference between draws>wins)
    Not being able to hit a barn door a lot of the games (mane lately and firmino mostly) Salah's record speaks itself just a bad few games
    Nothing from the midfield in terms of goals and much creaitivity if forwards aren't doing it we're fked
    Certain players not being good enough/injury prone but we keep em around for the bants
    TAA playing like he's just finding his feet in the game and it's his first season
    Failing to try anything different but pass it around sideways and back, without even trying to fully "go for it"
    Overplaying certain players when they could of rested which resulted to a injury, I.E Milner 3 games in 7 days which resulted in a injury, and it's not the first time
    Not replacing Lovren- which left us short anyway maybe we wouldn't be in the mess at CB/CM we're in maybe we could ofactually you know managed matip a bit better then as he can only play once a week
    -Not seeing the fight or effort we use to when 1-1 to shite like WBA or captain motivating people- and still playing it safe?

-this isn't a dig at Klopp he's not 100% perfect but who is, BTW! but a lot of things are out of his hands I feel sorry for him he has to work with a bunch of fkin crooks

a BIG If we do go downhill, i'll be 100% certain it's not on Klopp but some players and FSG who wants 13 players in squad that can actually play and 7 injury prone players I think, would of been silly to get another CB with Gomez's fine injury record, when he's injured he's out forever, then there's matip who gets injured for a few weeks, every few weeks, would of been pure madness to replace Lovren, especially with Fabinho at CB, because the midfield also has GREAT injury records, Ox and keita are incredible, thiago isn't know for being the fittest either but hopefully he'll be okay, can't be much worse anyway, I don't think henderson is even playing at 100%

Should of called the new training place Melwoods "fucking" nursing home
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd January 2021 at 02:08 AM.

Hahahaha Ian mate if the red wine doesn’t come out of my favourite hoodie I’m sending you the bill !!

As I said Kev, the end is nigh!!111!!! WE'RE DOOOMED.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Jokes aside - take a look at last season and the season before. We had two wonderful years that culminated in the two biggest trophies on offer. We were having the same doubts we are having now and the same issues. "Oh they didn't buy him Messi", "Oh, his subs are too late", "Oh, he's overplaying the boys", "Oh, we were lucky to win that game", "Oh, team X is a real threat".

I'm not saying there's no merit to at least some of those points, just that handling every single one of them perfectly is practically speaking impossible. Things are currently going fine. Yes, the two long term CB injuries are really hurting us at both ends of the pitch but we're dealing with it. We won our CL group and we are still top of the table.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If we're no more than 7-8 points behind come mid February, we're fine - as in "we'll mount a good title challenge and I rate our chances of winning it".
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

"Absobloodyexactly" Bali.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Jokes aside - take a look at last season and the season before. We had two wonderful years that culminated in the two biggest trophies on offer. We were having the same doubts we are having now and the same issues. "Oh they didn't buy him Messi", "Oh, his subs are too late", "Oh, he's overplaying the boys", "Oh, we were lucky to win that game", "Oh, team X is a real threat".

I'm not saying there's no merit to at least some of those points, just that handling every single one of them perfectly is practically speaking impossible. Things are currently going fine. Yes, the two long term CB injuries are really hurting us at both ends of the pitch but we're dealing with it. We won our CL group and we are still top of the table.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If we're no more than 7-8 points behind come mid February, we're fine - as in "we'll mount a good title challenge and I rate our chances of winning it".
    Which team do you think could be 7 or 8 points ahead us by February?. They would all like to be in our position with the players we have and the manager too. But wanting to be in our position and getting there are two different things, more likely to be that many points ahead, than behind imo.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

@sky

Basically anyone who puts together a decent run can be that far ahead I recon. Take United - if they beat us and we make a couple of dour draws and they keep getting soft decisions and opposition strikers who've forgotten how to hit a barn door (as they did against Villa) they can be there.

I doubt it, but it's possible. Spurs too.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non