Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 01/01/21

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Why havent Everton not even finished in the top 4?? and i doubt they will this season either.
    give them time, they still need more players than what they started with

you can only polish a turd so much

they're not going to do it in one season

few more seasons if they carry on spending how they're doing somehow, I fully expect them to be close to us

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if we had owners that spent as much as on Everton we'd win the league for the next 3-4 seasons at least.

because we'd actually get the few players we really need.

like I said last night, big risk of going backwards sadly
    Doesn’t work like that look at Chelsea.

It’s not about the amount you spend it’s who you buy.

I knew the moment we started to slip fans would start moaning and some of the same fans are the ones laughing at people on “Blue Loon”

Why anyone would read on rival teams forums about us is beyond me hardly going to be lauding us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    give them time, they still need more players than what they started with

you can only polish a turd so much
    Give them time? who they going to over take?? the top 4 in the next 4/5 years??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Agree. Also shows how maybe coming to a place like Liverpool and coming off the bench for a while instead of being the big signing starting immediately could have helped his form. He’s quality but just spending money doesn’t guarantee immediate results like many fans expect.
    This.

I've always argued that if he'd come to us (and assuming it would be in Jota's place instead), he'd not be a starter and would most likely be coming in from the bench initially, thus allowing him to ease into the premier league style and pace of play, while not having all the pressure of being the big money signing coming to save the club.

Also Klopp being a fellow German (along with a few other Germans in our backroom and general staff) might have helped him a bit more in this regard with settling down easier.

3-0 after a Sterling breakaway, comedy defending by Chelsea and a De Bruyne easy tap in, in the ensuing confusion.

If Russian Oil FC are not careful, this could get ugly real quick.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

De Bruyne makes it 3-0 on the counter.

Sterling with a clear run on goal from 10 yards inside his own half, eventually after much fannying around he hits the post with De Bruyne putting in the rebound.

Chelsea 0-3 Man City

Chelsea’s defending is laughable

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well they didn’t last season they stuck with a CM at the back.

They have a strong squad and hardly any injuries.

We not only have CBS out but Thiago has missed most of the season and our fringe players are injured like Greek.

I despise City but let’s face the facts it’s easier to stomach them winning the league than United.
    ... or Spurs and Chelsea. I’m not sure I’d even feel better if Leicester won it. I’m completely indifferent to the blue mancs.

Haha. Chelsea got away with it time after time before it was finally put in the net.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    If they don't get a Champions League qualification spot at least, he'll get fired in the summer.
    Roman didn't splunk all that money to go play in the Europa League.
    Club legend or not, heads will roll.

And we all know no one changes managers like Abramovich does.
    Let's not forget that WINNING the Champions League did save the job for Di Matteo.
    Was promptly fired before the plane had even landed back.
    The only reason I say he survives this season if I can’t think of a replacement available. Otherwise it could be in the spring this year.

Chelsea have tried to push forward and press the ball higher.. they keep getting caught in the midfield at the back. Its similar to the first half against Fulham for us. Moronhino got pelters when managed chelsea and they were defensive. It won them the title though.. If your gonna press the ball.you gotta get it right. Otherwise your wide open
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    The only reason I say he survives this season if I can’t think of a replacement available. Otherwise it could be in the spring this year.
    For certain.
    There'll be plenty of options for replacements in the summer.

Even now, if they really wanted to, you could have the likes of Allegri, Tuchel...
    The only thing that's keeping Lamps on the job and will keep him until the summer anyway, is that he's a 'club legend'
    Drop out of all contention for any meaningful silverware by Season's end, and even that's not going to save his neck.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Doesn’t work like that look at Chelsea.

It’s not about the amount you spend it’s who you buy.

Yeah and luckily we normally get that right, otherwise we'd be fucked

Lampard is the problem at chelsea, you'll see, don't judge them players already.

Dias and fernades best sigings by the MANC clubs that have made a huge difference

Everton have been better when the new signings have been fit at least, and played a lot better football like it or not, compared to previous years I mean they're only 4 pts behind us ffs

We're not the only club to get things right, we do it more often otherwise we'd be fighting to get into the top4

People are deluded thinking we're miles better due to last season and in reality we're not, especially when are owners don't spend much money at all compared to the others, going to catch up eventually, and now it has
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd January 2021 at 06:17 PM.