Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 01/01/21

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    If anyone thinks they aren't a genuine threat, especially given how many penalties they are being given, they are deluding themselves.
    1 more pen than us now.

Man U have been awarded 27 Premier League penalties since Solskjaer's first game in charge. which is seven more than anyone else in that time.

This is part of the reason why I now only watch our games or games between the “top” teams. I’m absolutely sick of seeing Fernandes trip him self over to get penalties.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    This is part of the reason why I now only watch our games or games between the “top” teams. I’m absolutely sick of seeing Fernandes trip him self over to get penalties.
    It was Pogba this time who went down like a sack of spuds.

Man U have been awarded 27 Premier League penalties since Solskjaer's first game in charge. which is seven more than anyone else in that time.
    I’m talking about this season. Yes had loads last year or so. We have had the most in PL history by a distance despite been only the 4th highest scorers overall.

Looking like a decent player tonight Pogba. Is transfer window open. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPEA View Post
    I’m talking about this season. Yes had loads last year or so. We have had the most in PL history by a distance despite been only the 4th highest scorers overall.
    That may be the case, but that is is no small part due to the quality and style of the attacking players we've had. At no point did I ever hear a major outcry that we were winning more penalties than we really should have. Contrast that to Man U who causes rumblings with every other Premier League club's fans in regards to not only how many penalties they are winning, but how they are 'winning' them.

We have had the best (or one of the best) front threes in Europe for the past few season. We 100% should be winning lots of penalties. They however have been largely sub-par, with the exception of Fernandes.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 1st January 2021 at 10:46 PM.

That may be the case, but that is is no small part due to the quality and style of the attacking players we've had. At no point did I ever a major outcry that we were winning more penalties than we really should have. Contrast that to Man U who causes rumblings with every other Premier League club's fans in regards to not only how many penalties they are winning, but how they are 'winning' them.

We have had the best (or one of the best) front threes in Europe for the past few season. We 100% should be winning lots of penalties. They however have been largely sub-par, with the exception of Fernandes.
    they have pace, that wins them a lot of peno's they're also direct.

Could of had more here tbh

If anyone thinks they aren't a genuine threat, especially given how many penalties they are being given, they are deluding themselves.
    Out of interest Noods, is there a top half team + Arsenal you don't consider a "gunuine threat"?

Etiam si omnes, ego non

Villa have missed the target with two better chances than the one West Brom equalised with, since going behind.
    Utd riding their luck as usual