Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I know i keep mentioning Firmino. but ive never know a number 9 spend so much time in midfield even in the latter half of the second half he was still dropping into midfield.. You need bodies up the pitch and central..Its fine playing wide players but the angles on goal is not always in their favour..
    Its not easy to score when you have numerous players attacking the ball in the box. some block you off while the other gets the ball away. But we do need more bodies in there..
    I said ages ago he could be past his best. Peaked.
    Its not a far out theory as we are not talking about a spell here, we are talking about a full year or more.
    This team could be reaching its end and needs a reset in certain areas.

Talk about the title now is a joke if I’m being honest. Watch some of the players chat total shit on social media again. Come off social media and stop with the pathetic “bad day at the office”

Klopp is as responsible as the players, so he’s not really being saved from any backlash

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    You need to add an option or caveat regarding any possible (or not) transfers taking place.
    I'm thinking ..
    Well walk it with maximum points from our remaining game
    We win a tough battle
    We win it if we add a CB
    A cb and one other
    A cb mf and attacker
    Top 4
    El
    Top half finish
    Bottom half

Will need a bit of time

Not sure I agree with that HLOGI, Milner was the best of the 3 midfielders when he started the other day. He may not get down the wing quite as much as Trent but he won’t give the ball away 38 times in a match.

Too much problems on our side.
    We lost the spark and the luck for sure. Before in 2 shots probably we could score 2 goals now this don't happen.

We have more concerns of course, we play the best holding midfield of Premier League in CB, we are playing for some games now without our RB and RW because in last games Arnold and Salah are completely awful, below zero. Our pseudo captain can join that list too...

Tonight I'm piss off, it seems we are AGAIN on dark times

Mane for me the MOTM

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I said ages ago he could be past his best. Peaked.
    Its not a far out theory as we are not talking about a spell here, we are talking about a full year or more.
    This team could be reaching its end and needs a reset in certain areas.
    Good luck with that with FSG

probably will be left to gerrard to do a whole rebuild and fans will expect us to win the title over and over

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I've wanted us to play 4231 and him in the 10 position. He's not beyond dropping but he's a valuable player for us even off top form.
    Important in our set piece defending winning headers, good effort and can break through the middle of the pitch with passing.
    Ask 19 on that one
    Imo we have good options for a midfield2/2sixes gini/Hendo/thiago
    And 31 suits our other players

I also want us to sign mbappe whose entering his final year this summer and should have a massive row with poch.
    Hes neither a forward or a number10/midfielder. Hes done great for our club. But ive never really been a massive fan of his, I think you will get more out of a natural forward.. Gives your midfield chance to break in behind them. You cant break in behind a player that spends his days already too deep.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Come on Bali - the geezer is looking borderline unhinged right now. I worry for him and us. Feels like he is about to blow up and leave.

I can understand 19 being off the wall but Klopp played Jota for nigh on 90 minutes in a dead rubber agains 11 overly physical Danes. He RESTED Bobby and played Jota and Salah.

That is bat shit crazy
    We've talked about this before Steveo. Press conferences don't matter. Klopp basically never plays important players in dead rubber games. That was appratently very much not a dead rubber game... for some vague financial reason (to the tune of x millions of Euro!). I'm guessing he got told to play the lads or they themselves insisted.

If he decides to leave, so be it. He'll leave due to a bust up with FSG or with our amazing and faithful fanbase. He won't leave because things are going badly just like he didn't leave the BVB when they were in the relegation zone in December... not top of the league. Or fine, second.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

We need a CB for sure in this window just to make sure we get top four.

In the summer we need a striker Haaland is the one young, quick, strong and good in the air he will score goals in any league he is a beast.

We don’t look fresh at all we are making the same moves as before that isn’t the problem it’s we aren’t moving the ball as quick as we have the last few seasons that split second is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    All the focus as ever on the Premier League and retaining our title, put all the kids and fringe players out against Villa in the FA nothing cup, no revenue from match attendances anyway, precious little in prize money, if the kids get through, all good, if not, who fucking cares

Work like fuck with the first 11 to get them ready to give the filthy a good bumming
    Gotta stop agreeing with you, but i do...Lets bury Utd, a good win against them and we'll forget all this misery.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"