Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    his decisions last 3-4 games and subs

are fine if you're shef utd and trying to hold onto what you fucking have /draw / damage limitation

They're fine?????

I THINK NOT pathetic
    You can open a thread where we can discuss the individual decisions on their own and their possible explanations if you want.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    As Shanks said in the late 1960's it's time to turn them over. No matter how much you may love them, it could well be the time to cash in.
    Who would you cash in on?

They all have a price on their head. Better teams than this one have been broken up and gone on to win trophies, this one is no different.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They all have a price on their head. Better teams than this one have been broken up and gone on to win trophies, this one is no different.
    The trouble is that I don't trust FSG to reinvest all the money (if not more) than we'll get in, and certainly not straight away, which would be absolutely essential.

Right now we are playing Iggley piggley (made up word but suits it). we are playing to fast and to open. We were good with a solid back 4 and 3 of Fabhino Henderson and Wijnaldum. we didnt play quick just controlled the game and then our final ball was quick and decisive
    slow slow quick..its just quick and try and get forward and leave spaces in the middle.so the players have to run backwards to retire the ball then we try and get forward to quickly and repeat it all over again..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Don't think we need to replace it too much, get rid of firmino and get a proper striker in would be a start

Replace keita/Ox/Matip/origi/shaqiri (even 1 player in shaqiri and origi out will do)

We can bring back Grujic/Elliot to be the cover option the 6th midfielder, 3rd attacker etc, and come off the bench

Use the money for a CB+Haaland (well towards Haaland) the lot I listed above will get us a decent CB, and firmino + FSG money (Haha good one i know) for Haaland

and move on can keep matip for numbers as we'll have to replace Wij too i'm guessing

With these owners, only way to do it i'm afraid
    Last edited by Kev0909; 5th January 2021 at 12:33 AM.

Given the fee+wages, there is no way that FSG would sanction such a deal, especially as the likes of Man City are likely to offer him mega moula (both officially and non officially).

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Given the fee+wages, there is no way that FSG would sanction such a deal, especially as the likes of Man City are likely to offer him mega moula (both officially and non officially).
    Lautaro Martínez then, or Lukaku w/e

someone

100000000% pref first option, fsg player too young init

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    When was the last time City bought anyone decent ? Their last few signings have been nothing to write home about.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I like Jota i think hes gonna be a class player for us. But hes not gonna be a central striker. we need a natural finisher..with real quality.
    Robbie Fowler is still the best finisher ive seen in my time following LFC..I just worry where the goals are going to come from when Mane and Salah go.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century