Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That is what being Champions is like for every side that wears the crown.

The great sides win it as champions and become serial winners. Much harder to stay there than it is to get there.
    This. Arsenal with some top double winning sides found this. Never retained the league which is staggering for third most successful team in England

Champions have it tough. They are a scalp. United and Liverpool have the double layer which is whether champions or not they are biggest names in town by a distance regardless of league position due to history and fan base. Chelsea, arsenal city etc never got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I didn’t see Klopp’s post match interview last night - was too gutted at the time.

Have to say - after the bizarre setup and off the wall interviews of late - I was worried he was losing it.

I am strangely satisfied though - he was actually more like his old self. He was calm and controlled, just told it how it was. His position on the penalties was well illustrated without being overly stressed.

Maybe this loss is what we needed.
    Don't worry yourself too much with his interviews, Steveo. I don't think they're in any way indicative of what's going on beneath the surface.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hmm no. we had to put it with since day one... we never get an easy game. Its everyone's cup final. Southampton will simply not have the intensity in their next game and will probably lose.
    Probably unfair on Saints. They are good side, Hassenhutl seems like sound guy and is doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Probably unfair on Saints. They are good side, Hassenhutl seems like sound guy and is doing a great job.
    With injury's also

but it's never our fault, we're never bad, it's VAR it's everything else

Never players never Klopp

I think all players should rush forward and dive inside the box as that's the only way we can score to get a penalty

Since their mauling by Leicester, Southampton have actually played really well and aren’t as bad as Fulham, West Brom or Newcastle. Have a bit of respect for them to be fair.

No excuses for what we’ve been watching recently. Palace game aside, we’ve not been great to watch at all this season. Sloppy, total lack of awareness and think we need to turn up and a win is guaranteed. This is what you get when you have no humility, this is what you get when you’re the only one available in that position.

Starting Henderson at CB was a fucking joke. I don’t know what Klopp was thinking. As much as you hate lovren, not replacing him stank. You can blame FSG all you like, but the manager needs to have a word. Maybe playing Hendo at CB was a subliminal message?

Not going to lie, I haven’t been confident in us this season at all. The Villa game, with a full squad set the tone. I’m ok with losing to a better team, but will shit on everyone at the club if they don’t even put in a performance. Was reading Trent gave the ball away 38 times yesterday? What the fuck if true

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Since their mauling by Leicester, Southampton have actually played really well and aren’t as bad as Fulham, West Brom or Newcastle. Have a bit of respect for them to be fair.

No excuses for what we’ve been watching recently. Palace game aside, we’ve not been great to watch at all this season. Sloppy, total lack of awareness and think we need to turn up and a win is guaranteed. This is what you get when you have no humility, this is what you get when you’re the only one available in that position.

Starting Henderson at CB was a fucking joke. I don’t know what Klopp was thinking. As much as you hate lovren, not replacing him stank. You can blame FSG all you like, but the manager needs to have a word. Maybe playing Hendo at CB was a subliminal message?

Not going to lie, I haven’t been confident in us this season at all. The Villa game, with a full squad set the tone. I’m ok with losing to a better team, but will shit on everyone at the club if they don’t even put in a performance. Was reading Trent gave the ball away 38 times yesterday? What the fuck if true
    I agree with all of that aside from the confidence.
    I do think we will start to play well at some point but it needs to be soon.
    On Trent. That stat surely can't be right? It was Tyler who said it during the match. 38 times? In one game that he played about an hour of, that must be a league record.

Some classic light relief, lolzers....

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I agree with all of that aside from the confidence.
    I do think we will start to play well at some point but it needs to be soon.
    On Trent. That stat surely can't be right? It was Tyler who said it during the match. 38 times? In one game that he played about an hour of, that must be a league record.
    I read it this morning and couldn’t believe it till I looked up the stat Tees.

Playing well needs to come from the top. The manager has “players” in their required positions, but seems to not utilise them. Bringing Milner on, or keeping Wijnaldum on to grab a draw is criminal. Minamino, shaq, origi? The waiting to substitute till it’s too late is painful to watch also. It may work when playing fifa, not in real life.

Something needs to change, and no it’s not a knee jerk, as some will mention we hammered Palace just a few weeks ago. If a tactic isn’t working, have a plan B after 20 minutes. Especially if you haven’t managed to register a shot on goal.

Don't forget Ox on 83rd min or origi 90th min to waste some time v WBA to secure the famous draw

Even fulham game had a lot to be desired.. at least he replaced Trent with Neco....

thank fuck we got a penalty