Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I agree with all of that aside from the confidence.
    I do think we will start to play well at some point but it needs to be soon.
    On Trent. That stat surely can't be right? It was Tyler who said it during the match. 38 times? In one game that he played about an hour of, that must be a league record.
    I would guess it was true if a pass is blocked that may count towards it but he did lose the ball loads.

One thing is he does try the hollywood ball alot and also if his crosses are headed out that may count as lost the ball.

Stats can be shite at times his biggest fault what I saw with my own eyes and not a computer was his failure to clear that free kick.

Im not going to hammer the kid though he is having a tough time lately a game off Friday might be what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Do you remember the quality we had across the board back then? Just slightly different to what we currently have,
    Yeah I remember vividly....After we lost 2-0 at Anfield to then champions Everton in Feb '86 Alan Hansen said to Kenny 'This is the worst Liverpool side I've ever played in'....Kenny thought fuck this I'm getting me kit back on and the rest is history!!...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I read it this morning and couldn’t believe it till I looked up the stat Tees.

Playing well needs to come from the top. The manager has “players” in their required positions, but seems to not utilise them. Bringing Milner on, or keeping Wijnaldum on to grab a draw is criminal. Minamino, shaq, origi? The waiting to substitute till it’s too late is painful to watch also. It may work when playing fifa, not in real life.

Something needs to change, and no it’s not a knee jerk, as some will mention we hammered Palace just a few weeks ago. If a tactic isn’t working, have a plan B after 20 minutes. Especially if you haven’t managed to register a shot on goal.
    Yeah I agree. We can't keep doing the same thing when we've pretty much been worked out ( which isn't new). If the players who usually get us out of a hole are on the floor in terms of form ( front 3) then maybe a different approach is needed even if temporarily. If both full backs have a poor game, which is rare then we are well and truly stuck.

I didn't get the Milner sub last night. Nothing against him but it wasn't a game changing sub and it needed to be. Thiago needed freeing up to get forward more so it didn't make sense to leave Hendo at CB or even starting him there anyway. That has to be some kind of message to FSG to get their hands in their pockets. Philips wasn't great against Newcastle but Williams had done okay in his previous games and was available so to start Hendo there was baffling

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Yeah I remember vividly....After we lost 2-0 at Anfield to then champions Everton in Feb '86 Alan Hansen said to Kenny 'This is the worst Liverpool side I've ever played in'....Kenny thought fuck this I'm getting me kit back on and the rest is history!!...
    Klopp player/manager at CB !!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah I agree. We can't keep doing the same thing when we've pretty much been worked out ( which isn't new). If the players who usually get us out of a hole are on the floor in terms of form ( front 3) then maybe a different approach is needed even if temporarily. If both full backs have a poor game, which is rare then we are well and truly stuck.

I didn't get the Milner sub last night. Nothing against him but it wasn't a game changing sub and it needed to be. Thiago needed freeing up to get forward more so it didn't make sense to leave Hendo at CB or even starting him there anyway. That has to be some kind of message to FSG to get their hands in their pockets. Philips wasn't great against Newcastle but Williams had done okay in his previous games and was available so to start Hendo there was baffling
    100%

The two young lads have been excellent when called upon. Hendo wanted to bring th eball forward to play out from the back and Thiago wanted to drop deep. Both were doing the same job last night.

Dont think it's confidence or luck at the moment. I have a feeling Klopp is holding them back and conserving energy for the run in. The difference between the first and second half was obvious. Okay, we didn't get the equaliser but we played in top gear.

We've been coasting through games all season. We've hardly seen any of the intensity taht Klopp is reknown for. It does feel like that some of them are thinking we're league champions, all we have to do is turn up.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Bench and sell those who feel that way. Not that complicated.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    100%

The two young lads have been excellent when called upon. Hendo wanted to bring th eball forward to play out from the back and Thiago wanted to drop deep. Both were doing the same job last night.

Dont think it's confidence or luck at the moment. I have a feeling Klopp is holding them back and conserving energy for the run in. The difference between the first and second half was obvious. Okay, we didn't get the equaliser but we played in top gear.

We've been coasting through games all season. We've hardly seen any of the intensity taht Klopp is reknown for. It does feel like that some of them are thinking we're league champions, all we have to do is turn up.
    makes sense..we can only get better!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

With us winning the champions league and then league in the last 2 seasons. we have something to fall back on. I mean mentally. If we had failed to win the champions league.. by not getting over Barca and the spurs. we may not have won the title. That would leave us very mentally scarred.The players know now they are capable of winning under pressure. which is a massive bonus. so lets see where we are at the end of February.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I wonder how much of that mentality monster malarkey was down to van Dijk and how much the players miss his presence since his rehab in Dubai.

The real Captain. Just look - 2 CL finals and 2 seasons of 97+ points... until...