Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Villa (FA Cup 3rd round)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No but overachieved with the number of games played. Most of them have played most of the games. Feels harsh to blame them for a drop in form now. There have been so consistent for so long .

I don’t personally believe that we have the best 11 - certainly not by a mile. They have performed the best over 18 months but that doesn’t mean they are better players 11 v 11. Guess we will see over the next few years. See who has won more over a 4 or 5 years period
    I'm guessing you rate Bayern as a stronger best 11. Which seems a fair shout. Anyone else ?

City have a comparable 11. I think it is superior in some areas and weaker in others but due to not winning a jot in Europe it is probably under valued by some. They have a far bigger squad though. We defo have one of the best first 11’s around - I just don’t think it is by miles the best.

Let’s see how we go in this CL - if it continues that is. I think there are quite a few sides we could get dumped out by if I am honest.

Klopp is a master at getting that fight - never say die - and that belief into the side - missed out on the CL in 2018 - won it in 2019 - missed out on the title in 2019 - won it in 2020... It is an epic achievement and testimony to the him and the players.

Break the team up though - put Trent in at Chelsea - or Robbo in at City... I am not sure they play with half the intensity - and I think they both see plenty of time on the bench. Hendo - sorry I don’t see him getting many games for any top 4 side... Matip - Gomez Keita - Ox. ? Again plenty of bench time in any top 4 side IMO.

Only Virgil - Alisson - Salah and Mané and possibly Fabinho are at the level that means they play for any side in the Prem.

Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th January 2021 at 09:42 PM.

Think you are being harsh on Matip. He is good enough to start in any Premier League team. If he could play 20 consecutive games he would really stand out.
    And Robbo..really? Best LB in world football.

Only if you are a Liverpool fan. People are suckers for a few titles.

Matip - IF and when available has looked decent Only after playing alongside Virgil. He was mr floppy before that. Good first half a season and then went to pot till the VVD shows up.

Robbo is not the best LB in world football - not for me anyhow - just watch him try and shoot - or for Scotland. He has been fantastic for us - a genuine example of Klopp making a good player look world class - but WC he ain’t.. The lad needs to work on his shooting it is pants.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th January 2021 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Think you are being harsh on Matip. He is good enough to start in any Premier League team. If he could play 20 consecutive games he would really stand out.
    And Robbo..really? Best LB in world football.
    Trent's not exactly shit normally covid-has fucked him

saw a report somewhere saying most valuable players in the league and he was 3rd

Disagree on that I’m afraid mate.
    As you said, just opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    City have a comparable 11. I think it is superior in some areas and weaker in others but due to not winning a jot in Europe it is probably under valued by some. They have a far bigger squad though. We defo have one of the best first 11’s around - I just don’t think it is by miles the best.

Let’s see how we go in this CL - if it continues that is. I think there are quite a few sides we could get dumped out by if I am honest.

Klopp is a master at getting that fight - never say die - and that belief into the side - missed out on the CL in 2018 - won it in 2019 - missed out on the title in 2019 - won it in 2020... It is an epic achievement and testimony to the him and the players.

Break the team up though - put Trent in at Chelsea - or Robbo in at City... I am not sure they play with half the intensity - and I think they both see plenty of time on the bench. Hendo - sorry I don’t see him getting many games for any top 4 side... Matip - Gomez Keita - Ox. ? Again plenty of bench time in any top 4 side IMO.

Only Virgil - Alisson - Salah and Mané and possibly Fabinho are at the level that means they play for any side in the Prem.

Just my opinion though.
    Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Robbo, Fabinho, Salah, Mane for me get into any side really. You/anyone can say what about other top class players in a position as a counter I suppose.

People are very disappointed with Trent but i think they've been a bit harsh. Needs to get back on his bike alright, but imo people should cut the kid some slack. Not easy maintaining form and he must be in dreamland having been a big part in landing the clubs first pl title, first wcc for lfc, no 6 and a super cup.

Gini & Hendo not every side in Europe, but they can't be sniffed at either both have really good qualities. Thiago, one who would've been a candidate for a best 11 side. Jota the next Suarez if he keeps it up.

I'd probably take Marquinhos from PSG to complete my back 5. Scores big goals and moments in the big games and good athlete and player #chararacter.

Maybe Thiago with Fabinho in a 2, might take on board some suggestions there as it's not like I watch as much football as i believe others on here do, always liked veratti but he might be in decline. KDB 10 and Mbappe or Halaand 9 with Mo and Mane on ze flanks.

Who would you add in with your lfc 4 ?

We seem to be in a funny phase, injuries aside, where it's like we're trying to breakthrough a wall and get onto a second wind.

Robbo isn't the best left back in the final third, but fook me add up the other elements of the game and he's definitely no1 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Robbo isn't the best left back in the final third, but fook me add up the other elements of the game and he's definitely no1 imo.
    Robbo has been epic - no argument but Modern day FB’s are attackers - see Marcelo for a player to aim for and emulate. Different gear probably past it now though so there are a bunch vying for the title of the best - I guess Robbo would be nailed on if he just improved that finishing.

Yeah but trent on form is that player you speak of

who else is better around attacking wise??? that ain't past it

They was one of are main ways of attacking last season, which is why it's not going so well this season because TAA is stinking the place out, I do think coronavirus has hit him somewhat hard, like some others in the prem

How many assists did they both get again?

More than are special midfield no doubt...

AWB for utd is like robertson, just poor at the crossing but a bit better in the tackle.... nothing attacking wise compared to trent though.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th January 2021 at 11:18 PM.