Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Villa (FA Cup 3rd round)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Having seen how long there is between this game and the game against the filthy and with the team struggling for rhythm and form and as all but Hendo, Mane and Alisson of our best 12-14 players played a part in the headless chicken routine getting trounced by Villa, I actually think this would be a very good game for the best 11 to all play

We actually have a few days to train, so a chance to work on the switches and working balls to one side to go back into the centre for and instant switch to the opposite flank, the triangle of Mane, Robbo and Gini to link to play around and release players around the oppositions RB and RCB and on some variation of movement, Bobby of instance, to be found by Thiago's excellent range of passing, with Bobby on the half turn to face goalwards.

So best possible 11 for me

Alisson

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I think it is important for Thiago to have a game in the midfield 3 with Hendo and Gini, to work on that rotation of positions and for him to be brought into our press played at it's best, and the rotation of the midfield 3 for me is important as it makes it far more difficult for teams to designate a player to look to constantly press Thiago to try and stop him creating, it makes it difficult for opponents to set up to play off any of our 3 midfielders for transitions also. With Thiago's range and 'cuteness' of passing him popping up in any of the 3 midfield positions throughout the game should open up numerous possibilities and make us far less predictable also.

Definitely best 11 for me, a chance for the lads to find some rhythm and form and look to put right what happened last time, which if successful, would be a very welcome tonic and pick me up ahead of the game against the filthy

Oh and get a fucking CB in asap so he can benefit training with the rest of the lads in this rare period we do get to train together. Horse's head in the bed for Schuurs to me, i'd be absolutely made up if we can bring him in, any defender so happy to play 180 minutes against Mane so frequently 1v1 with no cover and Mane able to receive the ball in time and space and run at him would be a great addition in my book, very strong in the air also which would help give us some much needed potency back at set pieces and a strong passer
    Aye you, you shithouse, don't be telling me to F*** Off, just because i happen to have a different opinion to yours. If you want people to agree with everything you put on here, then a forum isn't for you. What isn't open for debate is the fact that Fabinho in the calendar year of 2020 was ranked #1 of LFC players with both interceptions and tackles.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Nineteenx lives in his own little world. hes obsessed with Schuurs.. Because he knows who is gonna benefit us and not. Hes also lives in his own world when it comes to Fabinho so much so he blamed him for the loss in last seasons champions league.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Aye you, you shithouse, don't be telling me to F*** Off, just because i happen to have a different opinion to yours. If you want people to agree with everything you put on here, then a forum isn't for you. What isn't open for debate is the fact that Fabinho in the calendar year of 2020 was ranked #1 of LFC players with both interceptions and tackles.
    Lol i make my comments based on things i see, your comment about Hendo's switches was entirely baseless as there is loads of available footage that shows it was absolutely integral to our winning the league last season and over 90% of them were successful. i asked a question about how they compilr chance creation because on one reel of Hendo's last season Mo and Mane miss at least 6 glorious opportunities through a poor first touch when he'd put them clean through

I'm not interested in Fab's stats, they actually appear to support my argument as in when he plays cm the opposition get to have more of the ball and situations, often through him allowing the press to be broken that create the need for him to make more tackles and interceptions, you don't make that many a game if your press is on point and you're controlling the game and possession, surely even you can appreciate that?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm not interested in Fab's stats, they actually appear to support my argument as in when he plays cm the opposition get to have more of the ball and situations, often through him allowing the press to be broken that create the need for him to make more tackles and interceptions, you don't make that many a game if your press is on point and you're controlling the game and possession, surely even you can appreciate that?
    You can't have it both ways, mate.
    You can't on the one hand blame him when the press is broken (as if it's singularly his fault and his alone as opposed to the entire team), and then on the other hand, act like he deserves no credit when it's pointed out to you that he then does his part in having the most interceptions and tackles to help win the ball back.

It's like you want to blame him solely for something that is typically a breakdown with the entire team and more than one player's fault but at the same time you don't want to give him credit for what he's actually good at.

That's shithouse argumentation and shithouse logic.

Give the man his credit when its due, whether you like him or not.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Lol i make my comments based on things i see, your comment about Hendo's switches was entirely baseless as there is loads of available footage that shows it was absolutely integral to our winning the league last season and over 90% of them were successful. i asked a question about how they compilr chance creation because on one reel of Hendo's last season Mo and Mane miss at least 6 glorious opportunities through a poor first touch when he'd put them clean through

Sounds like your outlook is leading you to support Rodgers and move away from Lucas at DM for tackles & assists !!

19x convicing himself he's right again?

What's new buttercupppp woooooooah wooo wooa

Kelleher
    Trent
    Rhys
    Phillips
    Academy LB
    Ox
    Thiago
    Academy midfielder
    Minamino
    Firmino
    Salah

Some players need a good game. Salah has been off the boil. A game where he can bang un a hat trick could kick start our season again. Thiago needs game time and needs to adjust to the speed and physicality of English football. Another game will do him no harm.

Players can get injured anywhere and anyhow. In and off the pitch. Think people make too much of injuries in "meaningless" games. Trophies matter it is a feeling if winning and winning brings more winning. Same with losing. If we lose ni matter who okayed Liverpool list and if us win less in 4. Beat Villa, beat United and suddenly the spring is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    You can't have it both ways, mate.
    You can't on the one hand blame him when the press is broken (as if it's singularly his fault and his alone as opposed to the entire team), and then on the other hand, act like he deserves no credit when it's pointed out to you that he then does his part in having the most interceptions and tackles to help win the ball back.

It's like you want to blame him solely for something that is typically a breakdown with the entire team and more than one player's fault but at the same time you don't want to give him credit for what he's actually good at.

That's shithouse argumentation and shithouse logic.

Give the man his credit when its due, whether you like him or not.
    It's broken loads when he plays by him getting attracted to play ahead of him or ball watching the play ahead of him and completely leaving or losing the opposition player for transition it is his responsibility to be picking up.

It is also a fact, that if your press isn't at it's best and opposition players for tansitions not picked up, the opposition will get more attacks and more opportunities that will require interceptions and tackles.

Do me a favour, watch any one of Fab's highlight reels, they one's i've seen were all riddled with clips of Fabinho running back sliding in on a player, HIS FUCKING player, who shouldn't have been allowed to be released in behind him in the first fucking place, the clips obviously don't show the numerous times that happens and the players gone and he's nowhere near enough to get a challenge in

Also, watch the short highlights of our 7-0 win over Southampton and maybe you'll appreciate what I mean when i'm talking about the midfield 3 rotating and that player for transition and him being picked up, in 3 or even 4 of the short clips you can see it very clearly, whichever of the 3 mids is in that CM position, they are picking that player up and stay with them, whether it's Gini, Keita or Hendo
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 6th January 2021 at 10:10 PM.

Play the best 11, they need to find rhythm, they're used to playing 2 games a week, several of them could well do with what should be a grudge match for them after their headless chicken routine in the league v Villa

We need to start doing the things that won us the league again, we were doing those things brilliantly still early season and they were still working even with the deeper line after Virgil's injury, no idea why we stopped doing them.

Watching the 2 filthy sides in the Carabao right now, both look hugely susceptible to balls over the top as they try to press and to quality switches from centre to left or right or from either full back to the opposite flank, City look to have put a fair bit of work into introducing those things we seem to have dropped into their game, although bacon face has got 6 or the 7 attempted switches and balls over the top he has attempted to far, the easy balls as Steveo called them, hopelessly wrong, but they seem to have made a definite switch to not constantly trying to play through sides and actually be more direct at times, at a time when we seem to have dropped what we were the best in the league at and are flagging trying to overplay and constantly trying to play through sides

Strongest 11

Alisson

TAA Williams Fabinho Robbo

Thiago Henderson Gini

Salah Firmino Mane

All depends if anyone needs a bit of a break.
    Which the physio will know.