Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Villa (FA Cup 3rd round)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Marcelo had a good career to be fair.

My highlight was of him getting destroyed by Germany in that semi final 7-1 could have been much more too.

Good going forward as you can do that at Madrid/Brazil but when it mattered in a home world cup he couldnt defend that is the job of a full back.
    Was he as bad as Robbo V Villa?

Seriously guys - don’t do this to yourselves. Germany beat Brazil 7:1 - it was one game of football. If you want to define Marcelo by that game then you have an agenda.

Marcelo: won 22 trophies including four UEFA Champions Leagues, (being elected to the Squad of the Season three times) as well as five La Liga titles. He has been named to the FIFPro World XI six times, the UEFA Team of the Year three times and La Liga's Team of the Season in 2016.

Let’s hope Robbo’s career is half as good eh..
    Last edited by Steveo; 8th January 2021 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I come from a Country that produced arguably the " Best"
    Fuck all else mind ( in football terms ) !!
    I know mate - my comment was aimed at Billy...

George Best is one of the GOAT’s No argument at all - and that was boozed up to the hilt and playing at 60%...

Don’t believe anyone ever had more natural ability. A phenomenon and a yet such a tragedy - all wrapped up in one genius.

The world was robbed of his glorious talent. Robbed by the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Was he as bad as Robbo V Villa?

Seriously guys - don’t do this to yourselves. Germany beat Brazil 7:1 - it was one game of football. If you want to define Marcelo by that game then you have an agenda.

Marcelo: won 22 trophies including four UEFA Champions Leagues, (being elected to the Squad of the Season three times) as well as five La Liga titles. He has been named to the FIFPro World XI six times, the UEFA Team of the Year three times and La Liga's Team of the Season in 2016.

Let’s hope Robbo’s career is half as good eh..
    Im not he has been a good player no doubt.

Not interested in Robbo against Villa or who the best RB/LB is it means fuck all its about the TEAM not one player.

Maldini pisses all over Marcelo as well in my time a proper defender that bloke and an all time great.

Here's one for you: Marcelo vs Ashley Cole?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Im not he has been a good player no doubt.

Not interested in Robbo against Villa or who the best RB/LB is it means fuck all its about the TEAM not one player.

Maldini pisses all over Marcelo as well in my time a proper defender that bloke and an all time great.
    Maldini was one of the greatest LB it is true but he does not piss all over Marcelo - NOBODY does that - he is uop there with the best of them.

Have a little look. Ask yourself who we have in our entire team right now that has this much effect on our play - controlled play - play where you can be considered and make a proper strike at goal.

Pick anyone in our team you think has as much impact as this guy. Not easy..

Excuse the Maradona audio.. couldn't help it..
    Last edited by Steveo; 8th January 2021 at 12:15 PM.

La Liga you do need more control etc but id say in England he wouldnt get all that time on the ball not saying England is better its different.

Cafu was king he could defend and attack brilliant player.

Brazil now are no more than a top ten team they will always produce talent but maybe with their players all in Europe they have lost that flair.

Not sure what Brazil has to do with it - They still have better players than Argentia did when they won the WC in 86 and got to the final in Italy in 90... Haha - kinda shows what level Diego was at..

How good are Scotland for instance? I am just talking about the quality of a player and saying Robbo is the best in the world is easy for a Liverpool fan and even probable for anyone in the British isles - there will be some from over seas not connected with the club who may suggest such a thing too BUT in my mind it just aint so.. Sorry

Tonight's match has been confirmed to go ahead. Villa are 17/1 with Betfair

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not sure what Brazil has to do with it - They still have better players than Argentia did when they won the WC in 86 and got to the final in Italy in 90... Haha - kinda shows what level Diego was at..

How good are Scotland for instance? I am just talking about the quality of a player and saying Robbo is the best in the world is easy for a Liverpool fan and even probable for anyone in the British isles - there will be some from over seas not connected with the club who may suggest such a thing too BUT in my mind it just aint so.. Sorry
    I mentioned Brazil as they taught to play with more flair and freedom.

Diego was a true great that is fact.

Scotland are poor you know that !

I never said Robbo is the best in the world I dont watch enough foreign leagues to say.

He is the best in England at the minute ironically the next best is Tierney.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Tonight's match has been confirmed to go ahead. Villa are 17/1 with Betfair
    crazy odds if we're playing kids too