Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Villa (FA Cup 3rd round)

Aston Villa had 14 positive tests in their first team bubble.

10 of those were players.

About time some people/the club start taking responsbiility isn't it?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th January 2021 at 02:59 PM.

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce says it is "morally wrong" for football to continue amid increasing coronavirus outbreaks at clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Newcastle boss Steve Bruce says it is "morally wrong" for football to continue amid increasing coronavirus outbreaks at clubs.
    I believe some clubs are acting carelessly, the ones with the big outbreaks anyway

Should be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post

But on a serious note...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    1 Would have to be more resolute in defending BUT is he as effective overall..? Is anyone going to compare him with Messi and Ronaldo in their pomp.. as Marcelo was.? Naah

2 Marcelo far better on the ball - beat a man with skill while maintaining composure and the ability to play fantastic short passes a Robbo weakness - incredible pin point crossing - wonderful strike of the ball - incisive in the tackle. Win possession and turn defence into attack. I could go on and on and on. They are different players - and Robbo is fantastic too - However he looks way better than Trent at defending - which hardly the best of indicators.2

3 Well Dundee were the only side willing to take a punt on him at 18 - but naturally they have a similar standard to Real.. 3

4Right now - well it is a little unfair as Robbo in his prime and Marcelo certainly ain’t - but him and Alba better footballers in all honesty. Robbo probably best in the Prem.4
    1) what are you saying ? Marcelo Is as vital as Messi/Ronaldo ?
    Robbo has end product output, maybe the qualitative difference would be that people see him as a different type of legend. Like Keane wasn't seen as a great for his flair.

2) agreed already, a silkier player, Robbo is better defensively than Marcelo.
    Which fullbacks do you rate better at defending than Robbo in this class bracket ?

3) true and Virgil was ripping it up in Scotland, we're talking about best 11s presently not who was when Robbo was at Dundee and Virgil at Celtic or Mane redbull, southampton, Fabinho at monaco, Alisson too.
    This line of critique for Robbo can be apllied to those players too. With respect to today and the present best 11 going in our opinions I'm not sure what the relevancy is tbh.

4 how so ? If we want to talk about the entirety of their careers or their peak levels, we can although robbos peak could be higher than he's achieved so far.
    We were talking about who are the best players presently. I'm not sure who you'd pick elsewhere, say at right back yet but maybe a better argument than the left back one imo.
    I'm open to ideas as there are options. For example if you offered Luka I'd take that seriously but not Pjanic.

@CCTV

1. Was a bit of fun mate - just harping back to Ray Hudson’s maniac commentary on him.

3. Not sure what you mean with Virgil and Scotland tbh. I am not talking about best 11’s mate - was keeping it pretty specific to LB..

4. See 3..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @CCTV

1. Was a bit of fun mate - just harping back to Ray Hudson’s maniac commentary on him.

3. Not sure what you mean with Virgil and Scotland tbh. I am not talking about best 11’s mate - was keeping it pretty specific to LB..

4. See 3..

1 cool

3 Iirc this started out as a discussion of a best 11 , I asked if you were talking about Bayern being a better best 11, from your postings. You replied about city being a comparable best 11. Not huge margins between top sides.

Then we had you with 4 of our lads being in a best 11 roughly speaking, I had 6.

With respect to Virgil or the others they too could have the same argument against them.
    I've gone for VVD & Marquinhos as my CB pairing as the best presently.

Ramos has won more than Virgil, been at a top tier club for much longer while Virgil was swept up by Celtic and then Southampton. A minor upgrade on Dundee and Hull compared with a club like real.

I gather Ramos isn't viewed favourably by many lfc fans, but he's won loads of trophies too and international ones. He's had an amazing career and whie his dark arts are more sinister than the diving etc he's a cracking player. Robbo has a touch of a shit stirrer but not in the same league as Ramos, whereas Marcelo does indeed have some of the hysterical reactions and diving of those 2.
    So you could argue in the same vein Ramos should be in ahead of Virgil or Marquinhos.
    But in terms of a best 11 from all clubs presently I'd stick with my two.
    Tbc I think we have the best 11 going across Europe all fit , which is an issue now and squad depth wise we are behind some other clubs.

In my 11 I'd be open to your suggestions outside my 6 lfc players. In terms of the 2 I've added but you've not, again open to suggestions. I've offered Davies as another credible option.
    Casillas won more than Alisson or Neuer but I'd not put them ahead of Alisson as of today.

So I think we can say we've discussed

Who has the best 11 all fit
    Squad depth another issue
    Which players are the best or top of their class
    What players would make it into a current best 11 or at least on your part a good few of them.

Then we've talked about a career of leftbacks and those at their peak where 2 of the players discussed might not have reached their peak or nearing the end of their career. Davies is only starting out really and Robbo hasn't been at a top club for too long to challenge and win titles.

No leaked team?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    No leaked team?
    Ive saw

Kelleher Neco Williams Van Der Berg Milner Thiago Ox Jones Shaq Origi Minamino

The only question is: will we be losing our minds if one of the first teamers picks up a knock or calling Klopp a fraud when one of them isn't completely up to speed next time we play?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non