Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Villa (FA Cup 3rd round)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Lucky you I can't afford aldi's version of dark fruits
    You can have my bottle of pear Kopparberg that's been sitting in my fridge for a couple of months if you want?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    You can have my bottle of pear Kopparberg that's been sitting in my fridge for a couple of months if you want?
    Pear?

I'd rather drink piss but thanks for the offer

Pear?

I'd rather drink piss but thanks for the offer
    I haven't got a chilled bottle of that, but I can provide a lukewarm one if you want?

I haven't got a chilled bottle of that, but I can provide a lukewarm one if you want?
    I think i'll pass again

no disrespect but with your 24+ conditions, I don't know what damage it would do to me

I do appreciate it though.

I think i'll pass again

no disrespect but with your 24+ conditions, I don't know what damage it would do to me

I do appreciate it though.
    None of them are contagious. As for my bad luck however, who knows.

None of them are contagious. As for my bad luck however, who knows.
    Exactly

And you never know, you could have a extra one somewhere!

Exactly

And you never know, you could have a extra one somewhere!
    Given it's me we're talking about, that's probably a nailed on certainty.

Given it's me we're talking about, that's probably a nailed on certainty.
    And knowing my luck it's a nailed on it'll kill me off somehow!

On that note, goodnight!

And knowing my luck it's a nailed on it'll kill me off somehow!

On that note, goodnight!
    Ciao. Try not to have nightmares, namely recalling that **** show we saw last night, never mind the two preceding games.

Having seen how long there is between this game and the game against the filthy and with the team struggling for rhythm and form and as all but Hendo, Mane and Alisson of our best 12-14 players played a part in the headless chicken routine getting trounced by Villa, I actually think this would be a very good game for the best 11 to all play

We actually have a few days to train, so a chance to work on the switches and working balls to one side to go back into the centre for and instant switch to the opposite flank, the triangle of Mane, Robbo and Gini to link to play around and release players around the oppositions RB and RCB and on some variation of movement, Bobby of instance, to be found by Thiago's excellent range of passing, with Bobby on the half turn to face goalwards.

So best possible 11 for me

Alisson

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I think it is important for Thiago to have a game in the midfield 3 with Hendo and Gini, to work on that rotation of positions and for him to be brought into our press played at it's best, and the rotation of the midfield 3 for me is important as it makes it far more difficult for teams to designate a player to look to constantly press Thiago to try and stop him creating, it makes it difficult for opponents to set up to play off any of our 3 midfielders for transitions also. With Thiago's range and 'cuteness' of passing him popping up in any of the 3 midfield positions throughout the game should open up numerous possibilities and make us far less predictable also.

Definitely best 11 for me, a chance for the lads to find some rhythm and form and look to put right what happened last time, which if successful, would be a very welcome tonic and pick me up ahead of the game against the filthy

Oh and get a fucking CB in asap so he can benefit training with the rest of the lads in this rare period we do get to train together. Horse's head in the bed for Schuurs to me, i'd be absolutely made up if we can bring him in, any defender so happy to play 180 minutes against Mane so frequently 1v1 with no cover and Mane able to receive the ball in time and space and run at him would be a great addition in my book, very strong in the air also which would help give us some much needed potency back at set pieces and a strong passer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”