Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Minamino

One goal every 95 minutes in his 24 appearances, another absolute bargain which we will make a profit on when he leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    How can I comment on the season ahead without a ball being kicked???

Just saying it would be nice to compete without having to hope Minamino suddenly becomes class, when everyone didn't have a good word to say about him last season, fickle as fuck. oh and super ben woodburn......

Other teams must be laughing at us.

Even leicester have done more in the market, with some very good signings, at a resonable price.

Minamino to carry us into top 4 happy days!!!!

But yeah, bigup FSG, while we fall further down the table, Klopp must be getting fed up behind the scenes, probably think's hes managing Newcastle.....
    I don't think other teams are laughing now Kev!

What a season!

Yes in fairness this was on the back of a bit of a depressing season compared to what we've been spoiled with of late and players like Firmino way off form.

I still don't think he's brilliant he's done a job most of the times he's played was against weaker teams, he didn't really do much at southampton.... maybe he's fast improving??

Southampton had a weird team out yesterday, pretty sure most on the bench normally start.

but we'll make a nice profit on him at least, nothing against him.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 18th May 2022 at 09:00 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

From Michael Reid (Opta) -

Best mins/goal for Premier League clubs in all competitions this season (1,000+ mins) -

Takumi Minamino - 101
    Riyad Mahrez - 120
    Eddie Nketiah - 128
    Jamie Vardy - 129
    Mo Salah - 130
    Cristiano Ronaldo - 133

if stats say everything..... why hasn't he took salahs place!!!

Pff salah should be the one getting sold, surely?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Stats don't tell the whole story and it wasn't said in relation to your previous comment (I'd generally quote a post, or pass comment on a specific bit) in any way, just a Taki-positive bit of data in a Taki-positive thread.

Been a fantastic option for us this season. When people look back at the silverware won this year, I hope nobody forgets his contribution.

Exactly Sid. Stats are deceptive. A lot of those goals per minutes were against all sorts of opposition in cup games.
    I do like Minamino, but apart from being pretty good in the box I don't think he offers enough tenacity in the other areas of the pitch.
    I would expect us to sell him in the summer anyway. along with Ox and Div.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Exactly Sid. Stats are deceptive. A lot of those goals per minutes were against all sorts of opposition in cup games.
    I do like Minamino, but apart from being pretty good in the box I don't think he offers enough tenacity in the other areas of the pitch.
    I would expect us to sell him in the summer anyway. along with Ox and Div.
    I really like Minamino. Presses well, finds pockets of space, good movement, tidy finisher.

That said (I don't find the search function great on this site in fairness) you can definitely find posts of mine where I say I would be happy to sell if the right offer came in, to help fund options that are a more physically gifted fit, given the build of many of this League's players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if stats say everything..... why hasn't he took salahs place!!!
    Well said Kev, stats are falsely used to try and make many a point
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Minamino is Liverpool's highest goalscorer in domestic Cup competitions this season.