Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Liverpool Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No doubt at all that behind closed doors is shite BUT If no fans means it isn’t really football and people think it shouldn’t count - then we didn’t win the title last season..?

Also we were one of the few clubs to benefit this season from fans at some home games - most others have not - certainly United haven’t.

Some of the excuses being put forward seem extremely coincidental in their timing
    It's not an excuse for anything. I just find it weird listening to people talking about what we should be like. It's not really football.

I think we have played well enough, with some unjust results, as 19x details. I just can't take it that seriously that's all. Football needs fans to make sense.

And yes I do believe we won it last season. It would have been insane if it was taken away from us.

What seems ‘weirdest’ to me is this overblown sense of VAR injustice the moment we are less than stellar - while most of last season as we were on top and pulling away - gaining a few nice VAR interjections en route - everything was fine and dandy.

Also - very few mention the injuries that City, Spurs or even United had to contend with last season while suddenly this season - we are the victims of an unprecedented crisis.

There are elements of truth to both viewpoints but seems ott to me.

The key issue we are facing is to do with a squad that isn’t big enough. We count numbers but plenty of those numbers are never fit.
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th January 2021 at 10:26 AM.

We did win it last season as when it got stopped we were one point ahead of what Man City ended up with.

It isnt the same and it is clearly having an affect on results/performances for all teams.

The show goes on as the money rolls in if this happened in the pre premier league era we wouldnt be playing imo.

Come on LEGS mate - 1 point ahead of what City ended up with AFTER no fans.

You want it every way you can have it.

This excuse factory is in full swing.

I can promise you - it looks small time to be making out it affects us more than others.

As you have said it affects all clubs. Just as VAR does and as Referees do.

I can promise you - it looks small time to be making out it affects us more than others.

Lets be clear we were about 20 points clear there was ZERO chance of us not winning it.

You would back Burnley to get over the line with that lead nevermind us.

It isnt the same and I said it before a ball was kicked this season.

It is what it is this season no crying from me I said City will win it before the season and I believe they will do.

What seems ‘weirdest’ to me is this overblown sense of VAR injustice the moment we are less than stellar - while most of last season as we were on top and pulling away - gaining a few nice VAR interjections en route - everything was fine and dandy.

Also - very few mention the injuries that City, Spurs or even United had to contend with last season while suddenly this season - we are the victims of an unprecedented crisis.

There are elements of truth to both viewpoints but seems ott to me.

The key issue we are facing is to do with a squad that isn’t big enough. We count numbers but plenty of those numbers are never fit.
    Never fit and not good enough.

Totally agree with the post.

Klopp should shut up and crack on with the job. This constant complaining is just boring and taking away from our failings.

The players posting utter tripe after a bad performance on social media also needs to stop. A load of bollocks to try and appease fans when we know they stunk the place out

Bored of it tbh

Also liverpool without penos joint 10th
    Penutd without penos 2nd

Apparently

Since klopp has been whining we've played shit, sort your subs out, sometimes tactics and players then you wouldn't need to whine..... true facts and have a word with FSG...... to scrape some money for a CB if it's a issue fucking sort it

Literally we're begging for penalties these days, because that's the only way we can score apparently

I hope I'm wrong but think this team as it has peaked a bit, so too as klopp
    Last edited by Kev0909; 14th January 2021 at 12:17 PM.

It's the demise of Guardiola as City manager i would like to see.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Think we should concentrate on our club and how we’re doing rather than focusing on our rivals.

Petty and pathetic if you ask me.

McAteer saying United are in a false position and will drop off eventually. No, they are not, the league table doesn't lie. He should choose his words more carefully.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.