Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The demise of Liverpool Football Club

Ohhh shit chelsea might actually be decent in the future now

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Klopp mind games worked. Shame he can’t work his mind games on our team to win games and put a decent performance in

Personally I cannot blame Klopp OR any of the players. What have they done wrong? They have given their sodding all over the last 2-3 seasons and we won a title and a 6th CL -- came close to wining 2 titles and a 7th CL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Personally I cannot blame Klopp OR any of the players. What have they done wrong? They have given their sodding all over the last 2-3 seasons and we won a title and a 6th CL -- came close to wining 2 titles and a 7th CL!!!
    So who are you going to blame?

What do you mean what have they done wrong? Are you not watching the games? Players and managers out of ideas.

What kind of stinking attitude is that? Yeah give our all for a couple of seasons and call it quits because we’re playing two games a week. Give it a rest mate, it’s abhorrent that anyone would take that attitude. Instead of kicking on and cementing our position, in the elites, we’re happy with 2 great seasons.

We’re Liverpool, not a fucking Newcastle where we are happy we didn’t lose or we managed to score a goal after a defeat. You’re the type that’s happy to wait another 30 years of competing at the top level where others build and get better.

Asleep at the wheel owners. Won't give the manager who has proved beyond all doubt what he can achieve - even using pretty standard players - look at the improvement in the likes of Lallana and how Henderson grew...

Look at the level up when we buy elite..? Virgil - Alisson etc. All payed for by sales...WHY WHY WHY leave us threadbare at the back..? Matip - Is half a horse yet counted as a senior CB when he won't play 1.4 of the season despite a double injury to the only 2 genuine senior CB's at the club.. it is madness to defend this.

All the while we keep hold of Keita - never fit - the OX - barely played - ditto Shaq... why... cause they won't get any PROFIT from any sale..!!

It's a stinkingly bad joke.
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th January 2021 at 01:54 PM.

Asleep at the wheel owners. Won't give the manager who has proved beyond all doubt what he can achieve - even using pretty standard players - look at the improvement in the likes of Lallana and how Henderson grew...

Look at the level up when we buy elite..? Virgil - Alisson etc. All payed for by sales...WHY WHY WHY leave us threadbare at the back..? Matip - Is half a horse yet counted as a senior CB when he won't play 1.4 of the season despite a double injury to the only 2 genuine senior CB's at the club.. it is madness to defend this.

All the while we keep hold of Keita - never fit - the OX - barely played - ditto Shaq... why... cause they won't get any PROFIT from any sale..!!

It's a stinkingly bad joke.
    Klopp has the ability to pull the strings. His value is irreplaceable, if he does speak up and the owners want rid, only then can I pass blame on them.

Currently, I can’t see where the owners are to blame. The manager has to manage and speak up. Change tac rather than stick to the same things where others teams have generally sussed us out

If he speaks up to the press it's over.. come on - we all know how this works.

He has spoken up, thats how I read his comments last week anyway.
    Hard to disagree with changing tactics, we have been sussed out but is that due to losing Virgil and not playing how we want to?
    Either way it was a gamble not replacing Lovren and relying on Matip if in the unlikely event we lost both CBs. The gamble hasn't paid off and here we are in danger of the season going south very quickly.
    They might be regretting their stance at the end of the season.

He signed a contract - doesn't give him licence to start winging publicly now. It is as clear as day that he wanted players in 2019 and just as clear he wanted cover this January - he has even started speaking in code - being as vocal as possible without spelling things out.

Is anyone honestly suggesting that he has all the players he wants and needs to remain at the top?

Anyone think he actually said - fine yea sell Lovren - I can take Fabinho out of the midfield because I am stocked with fit players in Oxlade, Keita and pensioner Milner - if I need to..? He is working within huge constraints - the kind of constraints you can accept when you are not the Champions and recent Champions of Europe. Can't sell Keita - can't sell the Ox cause he is English and we can't buy another English midfielder cause they are just too pricey? Can't replace Lovren - then can't add cover even after 2 CB are out all season..

WTF is going on - Are we Southampton?

Would bet you my left pelota Hendo is injured from playing out of position just as Fab did earlier on this season.

If he speaks up to the press it's over.. come on - we all know how this works.
    Not with what he brings to the table.

Again, if it’s over, then the blame is on FSG