Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617

Thread: The demise of Liverpool Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    You're right to an extent LEGS, but imagine we did sign someone and then failed to get CL. And that someone like Özil. Look at the resource drain he's been on Arsenal for years now!

It's a fine balancing act.
    That is where I am on it as well - a loan would be ideal but I'm not sure if there are complications with Home-grown quota and squad numbers etc - if we bring someone in I think we have to remove someone from the registration - theoretically we could de-register Van Dijk or Gomez but I think we have kept them registered as a source of motivation that if (huge if) they came back and were fit they could play a game or two.

I suspect (I might be reaching here) that the Origi over Minamino picks have maybe been with a view to Origi getting a goal that makes someone take him on loan and we can then use his squad place to register someone.

That's pretty speculative though. But I don't think it's tinfoil hat stuff either.

Sid you are correct we need to move a foreign player to sign for us.

Origi has moved in front of Minamino in the pecking order imo.

Adrian is most at risk to be un registered but not sure Klopp will do that to him.

We have lots of injury this season, playing CM as CD most of the time, playing youth players.

And we only 2-3 points of the top. Injured players will be back, we will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    We have lots of injury this season, playing CM as CD most of the time, playing youth players.

And we only 2-3 points of the top. Injured players will be back, we will be back.
    What table are you looking at?

If City win their game in hand we will be 7 points off top and if (big if) Everton, Spurs and Villa win their games in hand we will be 7th in the league.

We will be back and will play better than we have since Christmas but I still think it will be a tough fight for a top 4 place unless FSG back the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    What table are you looking at?

If City win their game in hand we will be 7 points off top and if (big if) Everton, Spurs and Villa win their games in hand we will be 7th in the league.

We will be back and will play better than we have since Christmas but I still think it will be a tough fight for a top 4 place unless FSG back the manager.
    I think every team also will have their ''down'' period, I do not think Man City and Man United (not a thread ) can maintain their winning run.

Others dropping a few points here and there will count for naught as we currently cannot win a solitary game, never mind stringing a few wins together.