Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Liverpool Football Club

Danny Ings left to get regular first team football he was never getting that here.

Funny people mention him too as he gets injured alot too.

We didnt make an error selling him we won the CL and league without him.

The decision to leave was Ings this has already been covered both Jurgen/Danny have said so.

We all know we need to bring players in and we need to sell a few like Origi but nobody is buying players so we need to wait for that to happen.

Clubs still dont know if fans will be in next season which is not good for anyone im already bored of this season and I cant be alone.

Nailed on for champions league

That red kit on Stevie looks boss - can’t beat the all red..!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That red kit on Stevie looks boss - can’t beat the all red..!
    Except it's not all red as it also has a white patch under the sleeve. But I see your point.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Except it's not all red as it also has a white patch under the sleeve. But I see your point.
    Yep they had to get a bit of darned white on there... I would just do away with all the messy - designed to identify which kit is this years to make parents buy a new one every season PESTER power - but that is where the money comes from I guess. Capitalism in full effect.

I do not think a team keep playing 2 CM as a 2 CD can win the league. Look at Man City last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    I do not think a team keep playing 2 CM as a 2 CD can win the league. Look at Man City last season.
    Get what you're saying, but I really view the other end of the pitch as the problem at the moment (though I do bear in mind our centre-back pairing are two cogs in a well-oiled system) when I look at where the points are lost.

Only City and ourselves have lost 2 League games - everyone else has lost more, even if it's "only" 3 losses for some of those sides. I don't worry about our Midfielders in the back four causing losses, I worry about our attackers and creators not transforming draws into wins.

We have 7 draws now in the League - convert even 3 of those into narrow/lucky wins (we miss our threat from corners and free kicks, we don't seem to be getting to the second ball when the ball falls in the box, we aren't getting penalties, Trent is not a Suarez/Gerrard level of free-kick taker, long-range shots aren't deflecting in) and we have 6 more points, putting us top.

We need to unlock these defensive walls that we keep facing. The combo of Burnley, United, Spurs should at least represent a chance to get some practice in at that.

With a bit of luck the hunger that our forwards must now have (having gone three matches without a goal) will sneak us a win against Burnley and we can continue to stabilise a bit.

What is this about ... 1959 ?

This team/squad is near the end of its 4 year cycle.
    The midfield and front 3 need a couple of players to regenerate it.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    This team/squad is near the end of its 4 year cycle.
    The midfield and front 3 need a couple of players to regenerate it.
    Unless you are going to finance that lot, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for those additions If I was you.