Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v RV Leipzig

Your team v RV Leipzig

A very difficult spell for us just now. A couple of weeks of no Football would probably do us good for a collective head shower, but hopefully a non-League game can get our minds off some of the difficulty.

.........................Alisson

Trent...Phillips.....Kabak...Robertson

.......................Henderson

...............Jones..........Wijnaldum

.....Salah...........Firmino.........Mane

I want to play Fabinho but with him having had 3 muscle injuries already this season I haven't included him. Will trust whatever our medical department/Klopp does.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I'd play Thiago in European games.
    Dont think Jones was good today. Played it safe again when we need more, I know he's only a kid but he needs to prove he can do things differently and not just make up the numbers. Weve got too many midfielders like that already.

Agree Tees, think Thiago will be more affective in Europe

Irish

Trent...Phillips.....Kabak...Robertson

.......................Henderson

...............Thiago..........Ox

.....Shaq...........Firmino.........Salah

Allison has become a accident waiting to happen, can't afford to give stupid goals away in this competition
    Last edited by Kev0909; 14th February 2021 at 02:10 AM.

We’re giving stupid goals away anyway so may as well have the rest of the team functioning to the best possible level.

Need to get back to scoring 2 or 3 goals per game and expect to concede a goal or two. And when we do, let’s not collectively shit ourselves and cave in to the inevitable defeat.

Is Fabinho definitely out?

Alisson

Trent Phillips Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I think Kabak needs more time, 2 awful mistakes today that were both born out of not being used to the other players and our holding the line where/as we do, sure he'll get there, but this game is a big game and a great opportunity so better to have a CB in there who understands how we play, knows the players better and although they have some limitations and weaknesses, does the basics of how we play.

I said it from day dot following the injuries and I'll keep saying it, our best chances of protecting the defence, scoring more goals and conceding less is having Hendo CM Gini and another who can operate as they did last season and getting our press and counter press back to something approaching those levels

I think this game is a great opportunity for the lads, to go and be Liverpool, be the mentality monsters and play like Liverpool, I honestly think they have done this in most games in the Prem this season, but the officiating has definitely got to them, it's easy to bash or knock them, but when, despite being considerably understrength you've played an almost perfect game all things considered for 80 plus minutes and are set for a mentality monsters style 'not at our best, but controlled it, restricted them to virtually nothing and got the win' style win and game after game after game after game, having done everything right, the officials are not giving you a single decision and looking to give the opposition parity at every single opportunity to do so, it's going to have an affect.

That's unavoidable, what's happening to our lads and the process of how it is happening is the same as work place discrimination or harassment and how employers go about trying to constructively dismiss people, it's targeted calculated abuse designed to wear you down and break your resolve, every single time you go to work, our lads have to fight with everything they have to rise above it, shrug it off and be themselves, however difficult it is, and it is really fucking difficult, I've been in that situation with some horrible Manc cunts in a place of work too

But this game is the Champions League, it is like working/playing under a different employer and an opportunity to go out and do all the right things and things we do really fucking well on a level playing field and I hope the lads relish the opportunity to do that for a rare game given the abominable, appalling and unacceptable treatment they've been subjected to week in week out in their Premier League place of work and produce a free and inspired performance as a result
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th February 2021 at 06:10 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Unsure of a new backline ie Kabak and Philips. (is Philips even allowed to play?) Anyway i would give Henderson one more game at centre back. I want him back in midfield after that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

As long as Henderson is in midfield we'll have a better chance of getting anything out of the game.
    This team like to attack so it's going to be tough.

Best leaving these team predictions to the day seems as we get a new injury every game !

Just got through the first leg in such a fashion that we have a chance in the second.

Please.