View Poll Results: Will we win the league, if not where ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • We win it easy, maximum points from our remaining games

0 0%
  • We win it handily enough

1 12.50%
  • We win it in a slugfest - 1 point clear or similar

4 50.00%
  • We win it if we add 1 signing in January - say a cb

0 0%
  • We win it if we add 2 signings in January

0 0%
  • We win it if we add 3 signings in January - centreback midfield attacker

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - top 4

2 25.00%
  • We aint winning it - EL Spot

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - Top Half finish

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - Bottom half finish

1 12.50%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Will we win the league, where will we finish ?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    They HAVEN'T 'spent' lots of money, never mind 'repeatedly' spent lots of money. We have a net spend over the last five years of LESS than £20m per season, which is the FOURTEENTH highest in the PL alone, never mind in Europe, and that's despite being the FIFTH richest club in the WORLD, and that's BEFORE the Nike deal has kicked in.

They have banked on Klopp being able to continue working miracles on a 'shoestring budget', but the problem with trying to balance more and more plates on ever increasingly shaky poles is that eventually the inevitable is going to happen.
    A low net spend is a good thing, can't be upset we've sold so well.

Our last additions have had big enough fees or wages. That's what I meant.

That's right CC - we should be mightily proud of our sales..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That's right CC - we should be mightily proud of our sales..
    Know it's probably a bit tongue-in-cheek, but if fans don't come back into stadiums and clubs around us have put themselves into debt by committing to big contracts, our "tight" approach may pay us back further down the line!

Finances come up a lot on here, a dedicated thread might be a "messy but worth it" for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Know it's probably a bit tongue-in-cheek, but if fans don't come back into stadiums and clubs around us have put themselves into debt by committing to big contracts, our "tight" approach may pay us back further down the line!

Finances come up a lot on here, a dedicated thread might be a "messy but worth it" for the forum.
    Might be worth a thread..

The big revenues for most premier league clubs is TV. The more fans don't attend games the more money there is for TV revenue streams. More people at home with nothing to do but watch.. Just check Netflix and Prime upsurge in subscribers to see the effect of Covid.

In fact as fans of smaller clubs cannot attend ( could be the end for many ) they too are subscribing to pay TV deals to watch football where they can only really see the bigger clubs. This pandemic may well be the death of smaller clubs but will likely see huge increase in revenues for the bigger ones.

Top.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Top.
    In terms of our chances, De Bruyne apparently has a hamstring tear that may rule him out of the game against us.

Should we go into that game within touching distance (easier said than done right now) it's an incremental gain in our favour.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In terms of our chances, De Bruyne apparently has a hamstring tear that may rule him out of the game against us.

Should we go into that game within touching distance (easier said than done right now) it's an incremental gain in our favour.
    I hope he does miss the game. When Guardiola goes, i hope he takes De Bruyne with him.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Klopp is now insinuating he (Jurgen) isn't determining our transfers.
    On BBC sport, can't include the link sorry I'm not near my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Klopp is now insinuating he (Jurgen) isn't determining our transfers.
    On BBC sport, can't include the link sorry I'm not near my computer.
    He never has though. It's always been a co-ordinated effort.

If he's genuinely frustrated about the situation that's fair enough - I think we all are - but you know what our media are like for quote-mining without context.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55770710

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says "somebody else is making the decisions" when it comes to transfer deals.

The Premier League champions have not signed anyone in the January transfer window despite several injuries.

Defenders Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez are long-term absentees, while forward Diogo Jota was ruled out for "at least six weeks" in mid-December.

"I cannot decide if we do something in the transfer market or not," said Klopp.

Following Liverpool's 1-0 defeat to Burnley in the Premier League at Anfield on Thursday night, the German manager said "these decisions are not my decisions".

When asked on Friday to clarify what he meant, before Liverpool's FA Cup fourth-round tie with Manchester United on Sunday, Klopp added: "Of course somebody else is making the decisions. It was always like this.

"We discuss the situation pretty much on a daily basis, could we improve something or not and we make recommendations but I cannot spend the money. I never did.

"I don't want to confuse anybody. I just said what I said."

Nothing really new here - just an easy story for a journo.