View Poll Results: Will we win the league, if not where ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • We win it easy, maximum points from our remaining games

0 0%
  • We win it handily enough

1 12.50%
  • We win it in a slugfest - 1 point clear or similar

4 50.00%
  • We win it if we add 1 signing in January - say a cb

0 0%
  • We win it if we add 2 signings in January

0 0%
  • We win it if we add 3 signings in January - centreback midfield attacker

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - top 4

2 25.00%
  • We aint winning it - EL Spot

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - Top Half finish

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - Bottom half finish

1 12.50%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Will we win the league, where will we finish ?

We desperately need top four or we will be back to square one before Klopp arrived.

Chelsea will push us out of top4 there I said it

Lampard sacking will be regarded as a master-class.

need leicester to blow up could see classic "top6" then without arsenal city utd chelsea liverpool spurs/leicester
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th February 2021 at 09:02 PM.

Right now - it is tough to see where the next win is coming from.

One game at a time. Forget top 4 for now. Loom at the next game and see where it leads

I'm starting to think we are suffering from burn-out. We play such a high-intensity, high energy game that we're not getting enough time to recuperate between matches. We're conceding late goals when we used to be the side scoring late goals. Our shortage of top quality back-up players isn't helping, particularly with our injuries since Everton.

We'll finish second if Jurgen ditches the tappy tappy overplaying crap and let's the players play the direct style they won four trophies with and maybe even win the Champions League

if Jurgen persists with the tappy crappy overplaying crap and keeps fucking about with our forwards and other players positions we could well finish outside the top four or even the top six
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We'll finish second if Jurgen ditches the tappy tappy overplaying crap and let's the players play the direct style they won four trophies with and maybe even win the Champions League

if Jurgen persists with the tappy crappy overplaying crap and keeps fucking about with our forwards and other players positions we could well finish outside the top four or even the top six
    I think teams have figured out how to stop the direct style more effectively. Also the quick ball up to Bobby is coming back more than I’ve ever seen it. Had this convo with my old man earlier. His synopsis is that team are completely swamping the space Bobby used to play in making him pretty much null. Far more to it than looking up and smashing it from flank to flank.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think teams have figured out how to stop the direct style more effectively. Also the quick ball up to Bobby is coming back more than I’ve ever seen it. Had this convo with my old man earlier. His synopsis is that team are completely swamping the space Bobby used to play in making him pretty much null. Far more to it than looking up and smashing it from flank to flank.
    Exactly the dross near the bottom are just letting us have the ball wide but are swamping the middle of the park playing 5-4-1 systems.

I think we might have been found out abit but we also can’t play at a high tempo due to lack of fit players.

The players haven’t gone from 97-99 points to being clueless idiots.

Too many teams are just plonking so many behind the ball that is up to them but you have the likes of J.Redknapp tossing off about Big Sam not done much since getting a few points at City/us, I just don’t think you get away with that style in a normal season the home fans not have it.

I don't, we haven't been playing like that this season and we've got out of all our patterns, familiarity and speed and automatic playing like that at our best

We played like that 17-18, teams tried to stop it in 18-19, more teams set up exactly as so many have this season in 19-20, for the last 2 seasons teams have tried to stop it in the same way, exactly the same way as they have this season and have been completely unable to stop it, the difference is how our lads have been asked to play
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Your old man is 100% correct. It seems that its accepted Firmino can do what he likes in midfield. It doesnt matter if he scores or not.
    We try and play down the sides with Mane and Salah but centrally there is no one. You need to be able to open up the centre backs of the opposition some how..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Your old man is 100% correct. It seems that its accepted Firmino can do what he likes in midfield. It doesnt matter if he scores or not.
    We try and play down the sides with Mane and Salah but centrally there is no one. You need to be able to open up the centre backs of the opposition some how..
    I agree with you that he’s correct but we are failing at far more than Bobby not getting space. Our forwards aren’t shooting our midfield aren’t releasing the ball, our set pice delivery is poor and we have small men attacking them. Our defence has midfielders in it. Our keeper isn’t his usual commanding self and most importantly our manage who has conquered all has lost his way.