View Poll Results: Will we win the league, if not where ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • We win it easy, maximum points from our remaining games

0 0%
  • We win it handily enough

1 12.50%
  • We win it in a slugfest - 1 point clear or similar

4 50.00%
  • We win it if we add 1 signing in January - say a cb

0 0%
  • We win it if we add 2 signings in January

0 0%
  • We win it if we add 3 signings in January - centreback midfield attacker

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - top 4

2 25.00%
  • We aint winning it - EL Spot

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - Top Half finish

0 0%
  • We aint winning it - Bottom half finish

1 12.50%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Will we win the league, where will we finish ?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Leeds won it in '91/92......Finished 17th in '92/93(out of 22 teams)....
    I don't think we can match that record..
    Maybe if we sack Klopp and get Woy in

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Can see Man C going on a 19/19 wins
    This aged well.
    Beginning of January
    6 weeks really awful time.

All those injuries finally catching up with us.

If they do manage to get around 90 points. It will ease it a bit for me.I doubt we were going to get anywhere that this season anyway.
    Not easy to get 97 and then99 and then follow it up with 90+ again.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Think we’ll eventually rally to finish 4th. Damage limitation season from here.

If we can get our act together soon I think top four will be City, Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea

I can see the filthy dropping out of it, they've had their best 14 or 15 players available all season and used them in most games and still played really badly a fair number of times, I think Leicester will have learned a lesson from last season, if Chelsea get their act together, which it looks like they are and we get our act together, the filthy are the team I see dropping out of the top four, don't see them beating Chelsea, City, Leicester, us, or Wolves, if they lose 2 on the bounce to Chelsea then City could easily see them getting done by West Ham at Old Toilet the following game.

Think of all the hype and OTT praise they've been getting, if they lose those 2 on the bounce to Chelsea then City, which I'm pretty certain they will, and then don't get a win or even get beat by West Ham and we manage to put 2 or 3 wins together at the same time, with all their hype and title talk, their fans and going to go into full on melt down and Ole's future is quickly going to be in the balance again
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If we can get our act together soon I think top four will be City, Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea

I can see the filthy dropping out of it, they've had their best 14 or 15 players available all season and used them in most games and still played really badly a fair number of times, I think Leicester will have learned a lesson from last season, if Chelsea get their act together, which it looks like they are and we get our act together, the filthy are the team I see dropping out of the top four, don't see them beating Chelsea, City, Leicester, us, or Wolves, if they lose 2 on the bounce to Chelsea then City could easily see them getting done by West Ham at Old Toilet the following game.

Think of all the hype and OTT praise they've been getting, if they lose those 2 on the bounce to Chelsea then City, which I'm pretty certain they will, and then don't get a win or even get beat by West Ham and we manage to put 2 or 3 wins together at the same time, with all their hype and title talk, their fans and going to go into full on melt down and Ole's future is quickly going to be in the balance again
    It’s pretty mad that they’ve taken the same points as is from their last 5 yer we’re in turmoil supposedly. Hope we begin to bounce back tomorrow and a win over the blues at wknd will be just the tonic in the league. They were septic yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It’s pretty mad that they’ve taken the same points as is from their last 5 yer we’re in turmoil supposedly. Hope we begin to bounce back tomorrow and a win over the blues at wknd will be just the tonic in the league. They were septic yesterday.
    A win tomorrow and City beating the blueshite the following evening would set things up very nicely

Chelsea haven't played anyone yet to be honest, I think their top four aspirations may rest on how they get on in their Champions League last 16 v Atletico, they're an absolute cunt of a team nobody wants to play and they've got Suarez for additional cuntiness this season

I don't think we've been playing badly at all, we've been the better side in practically all our games, just mistakes through missing any senior Cbs and a really obvious bad reaction to so called 'subjective' VAR decisions always going against us when they've been given or not been given all season in practically every other game the exact opposite way for the exact same offences and alleged subjective reasoning

We really do need to work on something with Bobby moving the 2 or 3 that opposition sides use to constantly look to shut him out of the game to create gaps elsewhere, he's been the link between midfield and the other forwards for so long and now he hasn't got the same help from 2 high pressing midfielders it's been a lot easier for opposition sides to shut him out and stop that link, so rather than keep persisting with him trying to link as he did, he can still be the link, but in a very different way, creating the space with runs and quick lays offs out wide or back to Thiago or Hendo for a through ball or switch then looking to follow up play and gte in the box himself rather than him linking it directly
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th February 2021 at 10:47 PM.

based on last 10 games we'd be in 15th

I DonT tHiNk We PLAyED bAlDy aAT ALlLl L

LoLZers

i HoPe ThiS cArry's On especiallLYYY against the likeZ of The Bot Half HalVE

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    based on last 10 games we'd be in 15th

I DonT tHiNk We PLAyED bAlDy aAT ALlLl L

LoLZers

i HoPe ThiS cArry's On especiallLYYY against the likeZ of The Bot Half HalVE
    We haven't played badly, individual errors through continually having to chop and change midfield and at the back and bad reactions to bogus VAR calls and or bad VAR calls have cost us games and points, but we've been the dominant side and played the better football in practically all our games.

As Jurgen said in today's presser, along the lines of my thoughts of a team being a collection of parts making an entire body, "A team is like a house, the CB's are the foundation, if you don't have them and have to constantly change them, the house is going to be a bit draughty sometimes"

Not like we drew with WBA using all our best 15 players and on actual chances should have got bummed 3-1 like the filthy, we drew from their only chance of the entire game being given as a goal when their lad fouled Fabinho, their only chance