Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Your Team v Manc United

I think Jordan Henderson has got more pace than either Williams or Philips. And loads of experience. So that will be the reason.
    Shaq has been playing well recently. he is creative..
    The front six looks tasty to me and I think it will be a lot for maguire and co to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Capable? Have you read some of the comments about them on here? It's all opinions. Klopps is that they are not capable for this game.
    Capable as in our best form of defence or rather protecting our defence is playing our best midfield and having our press, counter press and ability in winning second balls at or approaching its best, there were loads of games last season in that run of 15 back to back wins with Hendo at CM where the opposition barely even got a look at our defence, about 13 of the 15
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Have you seen Henderson at CB? He is definitely not better in there than either Phillips or Williams
    I would have started Williams over Shaqiri its a worrying team selection.

Id take a draw if honest.

Last time I felt like this, we stuffed Everton 5-2.
    Unfortunately we are not playing Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Capable? Have you read some of the comments about them on here? It's all opinions. Klopps is that they are not capable for this game.
    He might need one of them if someone gets injured. What would he do then ? Would one of them suddenly become capable ?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Just woke up to this team news. As others have said, I can see us getting overrun in midfield.

I'd like to think this is a message to FSG that we need to get in some players and that we need them now, however as has also been mentioned elsewhere, It could just as well be Klopp at best taking a big risk, or at worst losing the plot. Yes we could win the game, but given who we've got available, how certain players have been playing (notably TAA), this lineup is asking for trouble.

I'll take a win and 2 deflected Shaqiri efforts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Me too after seeing the line up Legs

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Have you seen Henderson at CB? He is definitely not better in there than either Phillips or Williams
    I have. He was all ove the place against Southampton. Williams didn't cover himself in glory against Villa's kids. I thought Phillips would have got the nod but klopp obviously isn't going to trust them.
    Hendo at CB isnt good. I'm not denying that but saying the other 2 are capable is all opinions. And klopp doesn't think they are good enough for today

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    No i'd rather FSG leave so we can afford a cheap CB who can do a job at least

without Klopp they'd be selling for a lot less
    They've backed him to the hilt don't you know. They are the bestest owners ever.