Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Your Team v Manc United

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Capable as in our best form of defence or rather protecting our defence is playing our best midfield and having our press, counter press and ability in winning second balls at or approaching its best, there were loads of games last season in that run of 15 back to back wins with Hendo at CM where the opposition barely even got a look at our defence, about 13 of the 15
    That press has been pretty much non existent this season. Hendo hasn't been playing to hot in midfield this year.
    I wouldn't have Hendo in there either but klopp obviously doesn't trust the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I have. He was all ove the place against Southampton. Williams didn't cover himself in glory against Villa's kids. I thought Phillips would have got the nod but klopp obviously isn't going to trust them.
    Hendo at CB isnt good. I'm not denying that but saying the other 2 are capable is all opinions. And klopp doesn't think they are good enough for today
    It's important the midfield and forwards who look to be in a tweaked formation make sure the press is very good, in that Southampton game, Henderson, our best at orchestrating the press, was absolutely doing his nut at the midfield's piss poor pressing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He might need one of them if someone gets injured. What would he do then ? Would one of them suddenly become capable ?
    No choice then. Needs must. Unless giní goes back there and milner comes in? Would u be surprised?

No choice then. Needs must. Unless giní goes back there and milner comes in? Would u be surprised?
    No i wouldn't be.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    They've backed him to the hilt don't you know. They are the bestest owners ever.
    They are not the ones playing 2 midfielders at CB.. Klopp does have to shoulder some of the blame.
    We will never know but the decision not to replace Lovren has really back fired.
    The most important position in a team is cb and we 2 midfielders in there against man united.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    No i wouldn't be.
    Which to me would show his faith in them right now.

They are not the ones playing 2 midfielders at CB.. Klopp does have to shoulder some of the blame.
    We will never know but the decision not to replace Lovren has really back fired.
    The most important position in a team is cb and we 2 midfielders in there against man united.
    Fabinho is a defender who was converted to a DM, he isn't and never will be a CM and he is far better as a CB than he is when Klopp has tried to play him as a CM. I had no issues with him playing as a DM as part of our development and for where we were at the time, he was excellent at that, when our play evolved, the line went higher, the entire team played higher and he was asked to play CM where he wasn't just sitting in front of the 2 CB's and could see everything in front of him like a defender, i'm afraid that for me, his inability to play as a CM was brutally exposed and his consistent poor decision making very clearly showed he is a defender converted to DM

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Shaqiri in there to lead the press eh?

Jesus wept. Cannot believe it wouldn’t be better to field our strongest midfield and put Phillips or Williams in alongside Fab.

Do not agree with this selection at all
    Feel the same way miller.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Kick off imminent, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, stretch some filthy Manc asshole and get the win here today

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I obviously cannot say for sure, but 'knowing what I know' I would say that it's possible he has got into a habit of posting such threads, and the thought of not continuing to do so gives him a very uncomfortable feeling.
    That's a pretty spot-on assessment. You're a good Egg and pretty on the money when it comes to compassion/empathy. It started off as a luck thing, evolved into something somewhat more and compulsions evolve all the time, much to my never-ending frustration as I'd much rather not have them - I loathe "control freak" tendencies in other people and I definitely drift in that direction myself over things, or the part of me that is unwell does, depending on how you wish to look at it.

CCTV - I have good days and bad days - I had a disgruntled snap in your direction when I was already feeling "itchy" on what wasn't a good day and when things go "wrong" on a Sunday I can't mentally recuperate in time for the working week, which seeps into everything - prep for work, capacity to drive properly, eating, the works.

As per said snap, nothing personal intended and needless to say you can and should post where you want, when you want. You're your own person. I can take breaks from the forum as/when I need to - indeed I did this last week. But apologies all the same. I considered PMing you, but that somehow felt seedy/secretive/underhanded, so I've touched on it here without dissecting it too much, as I don't have the desire to ruminate over something the healthy/functional part of my head can objectively and logically see is so arbitrary.

Best way I could compare would be phobias - I've been in a confined space with an aggressive Bull Mastiff and would repeat that experience over being locked in a cupboard with a large, flappy Moth. The logical part of my head can see how utterly daft that is, but in the "heat" of a fearful moment, logic goes out the window, as does my response. In just the same way, me having a snipe I know was childish/petty, but didn't/doesn't come from a place of reason or logic.

It's very difficult to explain these things without coming off "poor old me" but that's as best I can explain it for now and I hope you can see it for what it is.

Certainly no ill will on my part.