Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa v Liverpool (FA Cup Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    On the positive side, at least it's comforting to know that Klopp doesn't feel like we'll need to go into the transfer market this window for any reason at all.

Any reason AT....ALL.

So that's great to know.
    Maybe he does but was told he won't be backed?

Play this high line against Utd and its a very dangerous game.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    R Williams got to close to their attacker and got turned.. You cant play like that..you need to leave a little space between yourself and the forward. otherwise one movement and your caught. Apart from that we dominated for entire half. but thats how teams set up.. wait for us to make an error. otherwise shove their entire team behind the ball.
    Yup our dominance has become our own undoing...
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

All those saying we should bin off the FA Cup might well get their wish granted. What’s this, the fifth came in a row where we’ve been completely lacklustre? No excuses tonight either.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Wow.
    Another absolute "turn up and we've won" show which let's be honest is par for the course now.
    We are lazy and there's no getting away from it.
    Early goal,feet up.
    Henderson should try passing it sideways a few more times, he might get the fa Cup record for most in a game. Jones, fuck off mate. Some of us spoke far too soon on him.
    Williams burnt for pace again. What's he going to be like in his late 20s? Fucks sake he'll turn like an elephant.
    I disagree, not that it's lazy and lame, but we didn't win the trophies we won trying to constantly probe and play tappy tappy through teams, we were very direct, worked the ball into areas, then switch it from there to the opposite side, tried to play through sides, then constantly mixed it up with longer more direct balls and scored a lot of our goals, most of them in fact from those balls or after winning the second ball from them, we're shite because we're trying to play through every team and have stopped mixing it up and doing the things that made us great, it's fucking painful
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We created one clear chance which we scored from. Their keeper has made some good saves mainly from range efforts. Dominating us what we do, creating and being clinical is what we don't do lately.
    Eh we had at least 5.. Wijnaldum should have scored early on. he chipped it over the crossbar. there was 2 in a space of 10 seconds and the end a shot from Jones.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

No, but on a more serious note.

On a more positive note at least we've had more than just one shot on target this game.
    Massive improvement on the last game with just one short on target the entire game.

Yes, it's depressing as fuck to right a comment like that, but we take wins where we can get them.

Now if only we can actually put just one or more of those shots into the net rather than AT the keeper's gloves.
    That would be just great.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    On the positive side, at least it's comforting to know that Klopp doesn't feel like we'll need to go into the transfer market this window for any reason at all.

Any reason AT....ALL.

So that's great to know.
    Some say CB is not the problem CD but it totally affects the way we play.

A two out of Gomez Matip VVD with the skillsets they have is why we can push really high and pressure teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Maybe he does but was told he won't be backed?
    I'm just going by what he said himself.

I have to assume that someone as direct as Klopp himself, if he were told he won't be backed (when he told them we needed to), he then wouldn't turn around and lie to the press and the fans that the reason we're not going is because we don't need to.

I'd rather think that in that situation he just wouldn't speak to it at all.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Fuck arsenal TV we need a liverpool version
    Hehe, when are we doing our first stream Kev