Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa v Liverpool (FA Cup Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Gotta love it when a bunch of 16-18 yo's tire and some ain't played for months apparently

but yes master class top performance world class

so more confident for the game against utd now, the midfield was amazing, I'm not sure why thiago even had to come on!
    Possibly because we were being held to a 1-1 draw by a bunch of kids and he decided to change things, and giving him more minutes may have been another reason.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Need to boss midfield and keep their creators quiet and be bang on it in our press Gini and Hendo are the steak, Thiago's the sizzle, Shaq's always been woefully inconsistent, in the Southampton game our press was woeful, Hendo Gini and Thiago for me, Shaq last 15-20 minutes if we need a goal to ask different questions
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Why are you always so bloody angry !!
    I ain't angry but not going to pretend that was a top peformance or anything

still had the same problems against KIDS for most of the game

Gotta love it when a bunch of 16-18 yo's tire and some ain't played for months apparently

but yes master class top performance world class

so more confident for the game against utd now, the midfield was amazing, I'm not sure why thiago even had to come on!
    Pretty simple, our other midfielders can't play through teams, so it's pretty fucking stupid trying to play through teams without him, as we found dropping so many points trying to, it's also pretty fucking stupid trying to play through teams with him and having a non existent press as you're more susceptible to interceptions and transitions trying to play through teams as we found out v Southampton
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Did we not win the game the 4-1?? something wrong here?? oh yeah its Kev. so moving on
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I ain't angry but not going to pretend that was a top peformance or anything

still had the same problems against KIDS for most of the game
    What scoreline should it off been then ?

I genuinely believe that we would have been comfortably beaten by Aston Villa‘s first team. We were miles off it again in the first half, and only really improved in the second half as they ran out of energy. We need a massive improvement next Sunday.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

As you infer, whatever the result LFC were never going to get kudos - 0-17 and it's a bunch of bullies against kids. 1-1 or 1-2 - LFC still lack confidence. Take the win - move on.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I genuinely believe that we would have been comfortably beaten by Aston Villa‘s first team. We were miles off it again in the first half, and only really improved in the second half as they ran out of energy. We need a massive improvement next Sunday.
    I'm sure there'll be one.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Bit better than villas reserves beating are kids 5-0

it's not about the score line, it's the same problems against kids ffs for nearly 60 mins

they had to be literally falling on the floor every 5 seconds with cramp and for thiago to come on, for us to run away with it