Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa v Liverpool (FA Cup Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    As you infer, whatever the result LFC were never going to get kudos - 0-17 and it's a bunch of bullies against kids. 1-1 or 1-2 - LFC still lack confidence. Take the win - move on.
    we were in a no win situation. As long as we won with no injuries was the main thing. Plus the reason the bigger players played was it would've been 2 weeks of no football until the United game .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    we were in a no win situation. As long as we won with no injuries was the main thing. Plus the reason the bigger players played was it would've been 2 weeks of no football until the United game .
    I don't understand why we started Thiago and Ox together who've both been out for a while against southamtpon from the start, and Wij who can go missing sometimes away

when both should of started today, would of made more sense surely? for match-fitness, same with starting origi shaqiri etc

For me that cost us a result, oh well over with now and noone injured

I just hope we sort something for UTD, and matip is back or something

or we just control 95% of posession
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th January 2021 at 11:59 PM.

Before i sleep. Just thought i'd add. if we are going to beat more teams who defend with 7/8 players deep in their own half. We need to get more players central.. we got some crosses into Mane and we had players just off him to get the second ball..Was more difficult for Villa to deal with. So when Firmino starts next weekend. which he will. he needs to stop dropping off as much.. Man-united will no doubt try and break on us and play very deep..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Before i sleep. Just thought i'd add. if we are going to beat more teams who defend with 7/8 players deep in their own half. We need to get more players central.. we got some crosses into Mane and we had players just off him to get the second ball..Was more difficult for Villa to deal with. So when Firmino starts next weekend. which he will. he needs to stop dropping off as much.. Man-united will no doubt try and break on us and play very deep..
    Agree

that's what i'm worried about, i really hope we don't lose our home record to these cunts... but they're very much a counter-attacking team, which basically the goals we've conceded have come from that way, we're very slow at the back at the moment, maybe matip will be back??

Tactics wise- it's a perfect game for them..

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I genuinely believe that we would have been comfortably beaten by Aston Villa‘s first team. We were miles off it again in the first half, and only really improved in the second half as they ran out of energy. We need a massive improvement next Sunday.
    Agree. That first half was abysmal and also typical of us at the moment. How long are these lazy nonchalant first halves are we going to endure?
    The lack urgency is staggering and the less said about the midfield 3 the better. They were shit.
    We get some kind of response second half but aside from tonight it hasn't been enough.
    Villas kids proved again tonight that playing numbers against us nullifies us almost completely.
    That game tonight should have been a chance for Fabinho,Mane,Salah and others etc to get a rest but we had to play them to ensure we got a result. Against Villas kids.
    I'm not looking forward to next Sunday at all.

You'll get a response against United, if they can't get up for a derby game, they shouldn't be in the sport.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    You'll get a response against United, if they can't get up for a derby game, they shouldn't be in the sport.
    it feels like we've been saying that for a while in the league

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Hopefully. The few times we've played really well this seasonhas been against the better sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    it feels like we've been saying that for a while in the league
    As Tees has just said, we have played better against the better teams. Villa was a freak result, and we were poor at Southampton.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I didn’t see the game - glad we won and are through - but sounds a bit ominous that we needed the flair of both Thiago and Shaq to beat a Villa youth side.