Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhys Williams

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He made an error. i cant think of any others?? lets chuck someone under the bus for making an error.
    Easily beaten twice now

unless matip is back it looks like we have no choice but to play hendo at CB

imagine rashford v him

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Okay Philips is an old timer but he's still a product of the club like the Williams and Jones.

Why have we got an academy? What does the club see in these players? That's the question.
    Its produced Stevie G and Trent to name 2. Thats what its for, producing young players to play first team football to sell on and make a huge profit. And like Stevie and Trent just maybe good enough for our first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Easily beaten twice now

unless matip is back it looks like we have no choice but to play hendo at CB

imagine rashford v him
    Didn't he play against Son and Kane ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yes Ian, he partnered Fabinho
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Yeah because spurs did a lot of attacking that game, they had 1 counter for the goal (Which was down to pace again!) and Bergwijn missed a golden chance, but that's about it? Mourinho very attacking

Can't recall them giving Williams much of a hard time at all, maybe i'm wrong

that's my point you don't see it as much because we dominate the ball most of the time, but soon as he's got at, players fly past

I'm not surprised we're forced to play very casual when he starts, any counter attack we're fucked

it effects the whole play, that's why matip needs to get back asap or we need to buy someone end of.

Would you start him v Utd?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th January 2021 at 11:33 PM.

Its produced Stevie G and Trent to name 2. Thats what its for, producing young players to play first team football to sell on and make a huge profit. And like Stevie and Trent just maybe good enough for our first team.
    Stevie is a bit of a stretch back in time but I don't remember anyone writing him off.

Trent came in for plenty of flak and has been written off, can't defend, Gomez too. They've both helped us win trophies.

I get that the academy is just a farm to breed cattle to take to market but I like to think occasionally we will produce a player but that takes time and patience and it's easier to go and pay other clubs to do it for us.

I have more faith in neco making it, but he's never going to take Trents spot.. (well unless he carry's on playing how he is very unlikely thankfully)

Jones has already made it into a squad player imo- bit concerning last few games mind you...

Williams.. shouldn't be forced to start- CB is probably the hardest position so maybe i'm being harsh on him, but I just don't see how he'll make it with the usual tactics we play, he's far too slow and that's something you can't easily improve, or on the turn.

Anyone who "makes it" would never get beaten like that, that easily twice i'm sorry but that's just the facts, it's clear to me, maybe in the future he'll be world class and we'll remember this, who knows? I wouldn't bet on it though.

Say about giving players time and they're only young etc- Gerrard owen even trent and others... made it when they was 18 (or a bit older) and class players then... you know when someone is special, I don't really see that coming through, do any of you honestly?

Look at saka/Lamptey/Foden/Greenwood , he's only 19 isn't he, and others in the prem who've broke through, you can tell they're class. (not as much with greenwood lately) - other arsenal players too that are breaking through which have helped them get back on form if you've seen the games.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th January 2021 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yeah because spurs did a lot of attacking that game, they had 1 counter for the goal (Which was down to pace again!) and Bergwijn missed a golden chance, but that's about it? Mourinho very attacking

Can't recall them giving Williams much of a hard time at all, maybe i'm wrong

that's my point you don't see it as much because we dominate the ball most of the time, but soon as he's got at, players fly past

I'm not surprised we're forced to play very casual when he starts, any counter attack we're fucked

it effects the whole play, that's why matip needs to get back asap or we need to buy someone end of.

Would you start him v Utd?
    If Matip is injured then it's either him or Philips. I don't like Henderson at the back. Saying that I don't like Fabinho there either but he's been brilliant. Without doubt our POTY so far.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post

I get that the academy is just a farm to breed cattle to take to market but I like to think occasionally we will produce a player but that takes time and patience and it's easier to go and pay other clubs to do it for us.
    That's it in a nutshell mate. To break into the Premier league champions as a kid takes some doing. And thats the same for any club.

That's it in a nutshell mate. To break into the Premier league champions as a kid takes some doing. And thats the same for any club.
    I get that, but at the same time not many champions wouldn't have a 4th CB and expect a 19 yo who was playing non-league to step up after injury's

And I agree with fabinho if anything happened to him we'd be in deep deep shit, helps the youngsters aswell imo, like VVD would