Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rhys Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I get that, but at the same time not many champions wouldn't have a 4th CB and expect a 19 yo who was playing non-league to step up after injury's

And I agree with fabinho if anything happened to him we'd be in deep deep shit, helps the youngsters aswell imo, like VVD would
    Yeah, losing Fabinho would be horrendous. Players who can play in a few positions are invaluable to any team.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

He is now getting the same stick that Neco got around the Lincoln game.

It annoyed me then and its annoying now Rhys is getting it.

Him and Nat are a problem with the lack of pace against quick players that is clear to see but its hardly his fault.

Just get off our players backs we have had a few great years.

There is a world pandemic going on and people are crying cos we might not win a trophy so what its hardly important is it.

He's done well mostly aside from 3 errors, 2 of which have lead to goals against us.
    I wouldn't write him off but having zero pace and being turned easily at his age now doesn't bode too well for the future Id say unless he learns to keep some space between himselfand his nearest man.
    He's only young so has time, we do need to sign a CB though. Despite not conceding many dince Virgils injury our whole game is starting to miss him now. You don't realise how good his distribution is until its gone.

Think this is incredibly harsh. Both he and Phillips have been decent in Vvd, Gomez and Matip's absence. I like Williams on the ball and he's good in the air (as is Phillips) but as Tees said his lack of pace will probably stop him from playing at the very top level.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Whaaat a 19-year-old playing in a position where players typically hit their prime at 27-28 makes a mistake?! I'm shocked! Shocked I say! Flay him alive and ban his family from entering the county!

But seriously though - he looks like a good prospect who needs time to develop. Jones and N. Williams are the same. Our academy has never been up there with the likes of Ajax or Barcelona but occasionally it produces a good player or two. Right now it looks like TAA is one, Jones potentially too.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

And honestly if it only ever produces a single player we sell for 4-5m every year, it pays for itself. It's good for the community and the club's connection to the city.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    And honestly if it only ever produces a single player that we sell for 4-5m every year, it pays for FSG's yearly p-up. It's good for community spirit (well FSG's anyway) and that will do wonders for their connection to the club, its supporters/fans and the city. #Major Sarcasm
    Fixed for you.

Tad harsh on him. He's done ok when hes come in and this will hopefully take him to the next level, the lad is only 19 and once he gets some strength and a little more pace he be a decent CB . Jones has done ok too, though gone missing in a couple of games. Also mate of mine is a rovers fan, apparently Eliott is next level, good to see a loanee doing well and not rotting on the bench
    The Anfield plaque is there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against

I'd like to see how he'd do at a lower league team that defends/ got at more, not great i'd imagine but who knows?

I'll run around my town naked if he makes it with us

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'd like to see how he'd do at a lower league team that defends/ got at more, not great i'd imagine but who knows?

I'll run around my town naked if he makes it with us
    Where do you live?
    Asking for a friend.