Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rhys Williams

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He made an error with the height of the ball. Milner would have cleared the ball that Rhys Jones failed to. If you cant kick a ball away that close to your body and misskick . Your useless
    Millie played Greenwood onside running in behind Fab's line, then missed his header and Millie fucking knew it too, he's an good old pro and knew he'd fucked up, so cut a young lad who wasn't offered the protection our CB's get when Trent or Robbo bomb forward when Hendo plays or in the makeshift midfield's press and counter pressing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Their second goal.. What the fk was he doing? completely missed the kick and let in Rashford. If you cant clear a ball that easy.. Go some place else and play for them.
    If Thiago would have tackled his man instead of fresh air, it wouldn't have been down to Williams to prevent the move anyway.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

We'd possibly be better off with John Rhys-Davies (Gimli in Lord of the Rings) or Kenneth Williams.

So according to you we have to make sure Williams has to do 0 defending then?

Makes sense, he can't get skinned or do something stupid then

good logic

he's shite get over it, cost us quite a few times now can't believe phillips doesn't start over him or FSG buy/loan someone on the cheap anything is better than this

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If Thiago would have tackled his man instead of fresh air, it wouldn't have been down to Williams to prevent the move anyway.
    But he still should have cut out that ball. It was a mistake by him. Yes thiago messed up before that but Williams should be stopping the through ball.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    We'd possibly be better off with John Rhys-Davies (Gimli in Lord of the Rings) or Kenneth Williams.
    There were players out there with much more experience than Williams who didn't do well enough today, but let's blame the youngsters.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    If Rhys Williams isn't good enough, or will never be, it isn't his fault. Why is he at the club?

The point is he's the best we've got. The best our academy can produce.

Sure, we've produced Trent and Curtis, and they're shit too apparently.

Maybe deep down, secretly, we have an inferiority complex because we can't produce players like the mancs do.
    Jury has to be out on Jones, he's done fuck all except that goal v the bitters, takes too many touches unecessarily far too often, doesn't create anything and his only performance I could describe as good other than in the cup game v the bitters so far was against Spurs, but that was a 7-7.5 out of 10 at best and not at the level or anywhere near it of other midfielders we have when they have a good game.

He has some promise, but he's in the same bracket as Rhys Williams for me, the difference is when you have a bad day and play at CB against good forwards and your maekshift midfield is half a yard to a yard off the press and counter press all game you will be exposed and cost goals, as Trent did a few times when he first started at RB, when you're in midfield with the likes of Hendo and Gini and Mane, Bobby and Mo getting back getting a foot in, you're a lot more protected

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    But he still should have cut out that ball. It was a mistake by him. Yes thiago messed up before that but Williams should be stopping the through ball.
    I'm not saying he didn't make an error, but no-one wants to talk about Thiago's part ( or non part ) in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Trent should have stopped the ball to Ings v Southampton, shit happens

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Trent should have stopped the ball to Ings v Southampton, shit happens
    It does, but it also cost us in both games. Can't ignore those mistakes.