Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rhys Williams

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It doesn't help when you're thrown into a team that's lacking confidence through not winning games. Maybe everyone would be praising him if he was playing in last years team, the one that was winning most weeks.
    That depends on whether people judge players on what they as an individual do, or what results the team as a whole get.

Personally I do the former, which is one of the things I have often received criticism for on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Players will never learn to keep their trap shut.

he nearly got done by mighty grant for wba if only he finished! luckily he's total shite easily got past Williams though

Mistakes was made in this game, and not to mention the cup game

he's not played for a while apart from that TBF!!!!!
    Phillips also got done by Wilson at Newcastle.

In a high line they will struggle at the minute without pace as they dont have top level experience to read a game.

He was a weak link today and got targetted as will Phillips if he plays.

I think Williams played as he is better on the ball which he is whilst Phillips is better in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Players will never learn to keep their trap shut.
    Read his comments what did he say that is wrong ?

What is he supposed to do in an interview say no comment.

He said he made errors and he is learning but is confident he can avoid them he cant do that sat on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Phillips also got done by Wilson at Newcastle.

In a high line they will struggle at the minute without pace as they dont have top level experience to read a game.

He was a weak link today and got targetted as will Phillips if he plays.

I think Williams played as he is better on the ball which he is whilst Phillips is better in the air.
    Neither are the answer really legs, and both could easily be upgraded on without spending a fortune...... and solving a issue but you know

I'm not even going to comment about it further, bored of repeating myself

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Read his comments what did he say that is wrong ?

What is he supposed to do in an interview say no comment.

He said he made errors and he is learning but is confident he can avoid them he cant do that sat on the bench
    He/others need to 'do/show', rather than 'say'. Rather than saying something along the lines of "I'm confident I/we can do X", say "X wasn't/isn't good enough and I/we will try our best to rectify the situation".

As soon as you start making definitive positive statements, you not only heap pressure on yourself/others, you also set yourself up for a fall.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    He/others need to 'do/show', rather than 'say'. Rather than saying something along the lines of "I'm confident I/we can do X", say "X wasn't/isn't good enough and I/we will try our best to rectify the situation".

As soon as you start making definitive positive statements, you not only heap pressure on yourself/others, you also set yourself up for a fall.
    Yes I get that but if the clubs puts you forward for an interview you answer the question asked

We/he knows he has to do it on the pitch.

This era social media is king in the old days we'd be able to protect him but now EVERYONE wants a piece of you especially if you play for a big club at a young age.

Neither are the answer really legs, and both could easily be upgraded on without spending a fortune...... and solving a issue but you know

I'm not even going to comment about it further, bored of repeating myself
    I agree they arent the answer.

I do agree we need a new one its obvious even if you have no eyes !

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I'm not saying he didn't make an error, but no-one wants to talk about Thiago's part ( or non part ) in it.
    I think in our system he shouldn’t be playing as the anchor man.

He’s a kid. Social media is their outlet nowadays. Can’t blame him. He actually wasn’t playing too badly in a few games and we sung his praises. Has no one to learn from and no full backs protecting him when THEY give the ball away.

Heads gone on some of the senior players