Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rhys Williams

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    He’s a kid. Social media is their outlet nowadays. Can’t blame him. He actually wasn’t playing too badly in a few games and we sung his praises. Has no one to learn from and no full backs protecting him when THEY give the ball away.

Heads gone on some of the senior players
    Manager stubbornly sticking to his tried and trusted formula. Trent should have been dropped. Let Milner play rb and protect Williams. Put Jones in mf with gini anchoring and Thiago licence to bring us forward and give taki a game up front. Play the percentage game and let them try break us down rather than playing into their hand. Very poor from the gaffer today

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think in our system he shouldn’t be playing as the anchor man.
    Maybe, but i've yet to see him influence a game, which was the purpose of him coming here. What he's doing at the moment is nothing the other midfielders couldn't do, or were already doing.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Manager stubbornly sticking to his tried and trusted formula. Trent should have been dropped. Let Milner play rb and protect Williams. Put Jones in mf with gini anchoring and Thiago licence to bring us forward and give taki a game up front. Play the percentage game and let them try break us down rather than playing into their hand. Very poor from the gaffer today
    disagree, has to work with what he has, we've not been any good whatsoever at trying to sit and defend as a club for a very long time, long before Jurgen and as his game has been developed on pressure of the ball pressing and counter pressing, sitting off trying to defend and counter really doesn't work for us, so no suprises he didn't set up like that, I'd never expect him to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Maybe, but i've yet to see him influence a game, which was the purpose of him coming here. What he's doing at the moment is nothing the other midfielders couldn't do, or were already doing.
    Once he's finally in an interchanging midfield 3 together with Hendo and Gini you'll see the best of him. He has played quite a few corkers already and numerous passes none of our other midfielders can play, needs to up the ante on his switches mind, they look good with his technique, but they're in the air too long to much of the time right now, meaning the opposition player has time to get to our player and be on top of them just after they receive it, which defeats the object of switching the ball entirely.

Also needs time for our players to get used to him, he was looking for an outside in run off the line inbetween Shaw and Fathead from Mo 3 or 4 times today and he has played that ball superbly 3 or 4 times in his limited appearances so far, so we know he has it comfortably i his locker, so there's also that aspect to consider

I think for now, he should maybe start at LCM or RCM in games we don't have Hendo and Gini in the 3 for and either Hendo or Gini play at No6 in the absence of the other, he has looked a bit vulnerable defensively

I agree with Eaggy. Let them break us down.. Zero control of the game. Our fullbacks get caught out when your to open..They have to cover backwards and forwards far to much. We started off the game for at least the first 15 minutes deep and thought yeah we are gonna box clever. But then we just gave up and went hell for leather with no way of controlling the match.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Rhys could do with boxing and sprint training sessions.
    At the wrong end of things today but I was as pissed off with several other players who are seniors.

We conceded to two mistakes and a dive, while we scored two excellent goals. It’s not all doom and gloom after yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We conceded to two mistakes and a dive, while we scored two excellent goals. It’s not all doom and gloom after yesterday.
    Agreed....99 times out of a 100 they wouldn't have happened with VVD and Gomez/Matip there...Hate losing to those coonts though...

Far from perfect, but played his part against a United side that had a strong and experienced forward in Cavani and a swift forward in Rashford.

Unlikely to become a stalwart of a future Reds team but did his bit this Evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Far from perfect, but played his part against a United side that had a strong and experienced forward in Cavani and a swift forward in Rashford.

Unlikely to become a stalwart of a future Reds team but did his bit this Evening.
    Cavani barely got a look in, principally because of what I said at great length prior to the game, almost all his goals come from teams letting the filthy cross it easy with no pressure on the ball, standing off so much that their crosser has time to wait for him to get his starting position, Rashford has been their main player who has assisted him, teams defenders stand off Rashford because of his pace and trickery, Cavani gets himself onside and in his starting position, then Rashford crosses with all the time in the world to do so

Most of the time, when they release Rashford, Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Shaw or AWB early, Cavani is offside or not in a good position for an early cross, he's been very overhyped, he needs the extra time teams standing off the crosser for what seems like an age afford him to get his starting positions now he's 34
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th May 2021 at 12:28 AM.