Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 3rd Round

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Fucking despise teams that have no intentions of winning. all the can do is sit 30 yards out from their own box and defend.. ie Newcastle. They will never achieve anything playing that way.
    I agree the excuse is we cant play open blah blah blah.

Leeds and Bournemouth proved you can do just that.

I know Bournemouth went down but they stayed up for 5-6 years which is decent for a club of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    But it makes it darn hard to watch.. i have watched the first half of the fa cup game.Not gonna watch the second half.. I prefer games when both teams want to win
    I mean it's not great but as football fans go, we're really spoiled - winning trophies and playing decent football is basically what LFC's been doing for some sixty years now. Not everyone can turn their nose up at simply staying up.

You are of course right though - can't see myself tuning in to a Toon game unless it's against a direct rival.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I quite like Newcastle (not the football they are currently playing). I think both as a club and a community they have a fair bit in common with us. Some may say I'm talking sloblocks, but that's how I see it.

You get clubs that think they have the potential to become a 'big' club, and whilst most are seriously deluded, I genuinely think they could become one if they ever happened to be run 'correctly'.

Oh they could be huge. One club city and fans as passionate as ours...!!! We don’t want petrodollar owners there for certain

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh they could be huge. One club city and fans as passionate as ours...!!! We don’t want petrodollar owners there for certain
    Indeed. I was glad that Saudi takeover was denied, as were many others. No club should be allowed to be taken over by such owners. It's one of the biggest reasons football is often a joke e.g. teams flouting/bending the rules, massively inflated transfer fees/wages etc.

Newcastle are being ran correctly when Ashley took over they were in serious financial trouble by over spending under Keegan/Robson.

Failure to reach CL football did them same with Leeds under Risdale.

Newcastle have a large fan base but they have won nothing for over 40 years possibly even 50 years.

Ashley gets all the shit as he wont do what they did under Keegan but thats how stupid football fans are in this country, spending is the way out but if you get it wrong you're in big trouble.

Im with Justme Steve Bruce has spent over £100m to park a bus pretty much every game not exactly the owners fault.

Newcastle have a net spend of around £20m per season. Bruce may not have used the money he has been given that wisely, but he/they have hardly spent the amount the certain other billionaire owned clubs have spent.

Ashley is more concerned with the free advertising his businesses get, than he is about Newcastle growing as a club.

I once saw an interview with Ashley he said he'd have to spend around £400-500m to get a CL team.

He isnt wrong the problem is the big 4-6 teams have got too big over the last 20 years for everyone else.

The only way they break into that top 4 on a regular basis is oil money.

Football club owner in "BS reasons why I won't spend any money" shocker.

We have a net spend of £18.5m p/a over the last five years. That's a long way off half a billion. Leicester also did it, so why can't Newcastle? If Leicester had kept hold of the likes of Kante and Mahrez, they'd probably be doing even better than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    In Russia ........ sorry in my home, I don't pick my battles, battles pick me ..... on a regular basis.
    Was it between a wagon wheel or a jammy dodger ?