Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 3rd Round

yeah, I think the Fair play thing was slackened for this season? then again it was last season for Man-city.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    yeah, I think the Fair play thing was slackened for this season? then again it was last season for Man-city.
    Basically Chelsea/City can do as they like and its become very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Basically Chelsea/City can do as they like and its become very clear.
    Yes and PSG and Madrid and so on and so forth.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

How much money have all these clubs spent in this window ? These aren't normal times, even they are taking a financial hit with what's going on.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He has spent money you seem to live in a fantasy world where you should be reckless.

What part of they were in serious financial trouble when he took over that seems to be brushed under the carpet.

Look at how much Everton have spent to get from finishing 7-8th to finishing oh wait yeah 7-8th pissing money down the drain.

In other countries coaching is what they do but here as Klopp has said money money money is the answer.

Leicester have very wealthy owners and also take a look at when they were in admin they paid 10p in the pound in other words no morals to local businesses.
    Yet again you've read something into one of my posts that I have not either said, nor suggested. Where have I said that Mike Ashely/Newcastle should do a Leeds and spend money in a similar fashion to the way they did? The answer is I didn't.

Go and have a butchers at some Newcastle forums/videos and you'll see that Newcastle fans themselves aren't exactly enamoured with Mike Ashley, hence why they were desperate for the takeover to take place, and why they were devastated when it was blocked.

We were also in financial trouble, but that had f-all to do with where we should have been/what we should have been spending in the transfer market, and everything to do with the cowboys we had in charge and how badly the club was being run. That also applies to the BS. The sizeable amount they have spent isn't a/the issue. What is an issue is how they have spent that money. That is very different to a club spending money that they don't have.

If you think that coaching is the main or only factor in deciding how a club fares (namely those looking to compete for the big prizes/play in the biggest competitions) then you need to give your head a wobble. That stopped being the main factor many moons ago, almost certainly when the PL came into effect, and 100% as soon as the likes of Chelsea under the Russian/Man City with oil money etc came into the equation. Coaching may sometimes be the difference between a club capable of winning trophies every now and then, and a consistent winner, but make no mistake without money you could be the best coach in the world, but unless you get very lucky (kids, bargain signings that come off etc), without a healthy dollop of cash, a club isn't going to be able to consistently challenge for the big prizes.

You are saying Newcastle should spend "more" but what is the point they do not have the funds to challenge.

They wont like him as the memory from Keegan/Robson era before him was built on money they didnt have.

If Newcastle get another owner who isnt an oil baron they still wont win anything.

You dont seem to get they have missed the boat there is a reason there is a big six.

I agree you cant challenge long term without money and lets face it the game is worse for it.

Maybe buying a football club isn't as glamourous as what some think. Newcastle keep getting people interested but no-one has gone the extra mile and bought the club.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

The point is that you don't need to go from a lower table team to a 'consistent challenger' in the blink of an eye. Most teams have to get there gradually, and you do that by building year upon year. Newcastle are not doing that. They, nor Ashley are paupers, so nothing is stopping them from spending a bit more than they are and 'trying' to move themselves up the league and (for their fans) into a position where they might actually win something and be able to think about mixing it with some of the 'bigger' clubs.

Their fans don't like him for multiple reasons, including not spending a bit more money, especially given the way he 'uses' the club. They don't need an 'oil baron', just as we didn't/don't. What they need is exactly what we do i.e. an owner that allows a sizeable percentage of any revenue generated to be pumped back into the club/team.

Yes they 'missed the boat', however boats tend to routinely go backwards and forwards between destinations, not go on a 'one way, one time' trip. They'll keep 'missing the boat' if they aren't allowed to buy a ticket and board the 'boat'.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 9th January 2021 at 10:51 PM.

Real having similar problems to us, 72% possession away at Osasuna managing 1 shot on target all game and drawing 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Real having similar problems to us, 72% possession away at Osasuna managing 1 shot on target all game and drawing 0-0
    Unlike them, I hope our issues are positively resolved very soon.