Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 16/01/21

Time will tell how well run the club is - I guess we'll find out once Klopp leaves, at least when it comes to on pitch success.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Ah, maybe it's for commercial purposes? I'm sure Oxo sells shirts and has enough advertising clout for it to play a role in making decisions like this.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Yep time will tell and hopefully my outlook is misguided.

With the Ox and Keita and Shaq situations I think you are right, no logic in keeping hold of players who don’t play.

My assertions are just my best guess at why the club is seemingly continuing with them while also refusing to enter the market for any kind of CB cover.

Does look like we are out of juice and need another big sale to fund any top level signings.

Yeah, defo. It's weird... I guess the plan might have been to move some subset of Shaq, Origi, Oxo and Keita at some point this year but the pandemic made the climate too difficult?

Klopp is a ruthless fucker, as you say - doubt he'd be pushing to keep players but then I can barely see FSG doing the same... super strage.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah, defo. It's weird... I guess the plan might have been to move some subset of Shaq, Origi, Oxo and Keita at some point this year but the pandemic made the climate too difficult?

Klopp is a ruthless fucker, as you say - doubt he'd be pushing to keep players but then I can barely see FSG doing the same... super strage.
    Reading a bit on the event at the weekend with Sir Kenny, klopp and Ferguson. Ferguson said he wanted to sign Henderson but the medical team felt he would suffer with injuries. Ferguson said it was his job to make sure players were available. So didn't make the bid. When we looked at OX we should have known his injury record wasn't great, the same with shaq(although he as on the cheap). Keita has been unlucky.
    But selling Lovren and not replacing him known we had 2 injury prone CBs was a mistake. So was that a board decision or managerial?

When the club considered furloughing employees, made me think there's not much money knocking about !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    When the club considered furloughing employees, made me think there's not much money knocking about !!
    Yep same with wij and contract......

"but but its about how long"!!!!! there's been some reports of it being money, and the fact there's always normally a "sign on fee" even with contracts, agent fees and the likes

doomed i tell ya FSG probably unhappy they spent a lot more than they made in summer for once, (nothing compared to the likes of city etc but alot for fsg) and didn't get to sell Wilson grujic origi etc

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Reading a bit on the event at the weekend with Sir Kenny, klopp and Ferguson. Ferguson said he wanted to sign Henderson but the medical team felt he would suffer with injuries. Ferguson said it was his job to make sure players were available. So didn't make the bid. When we looked at OX we should have known his injury record wasn't great, the same with shaq(although he as on the cheap). Keita has been unlucky.
    But selling Lovren and not replacing him known we had 2 injury prone CBs was a mistake. So was that a board decision or managerial?
    Yes he did say that but he gambled on Van Nistelrooy after an ACL injury.

All managers take risks on players and lets be fair under Klopp only Ox had a bad injury record.

Im sure we will try to get rid of some of the fringe players like Shaqiri Origi Phillips Adrian in the summer.

I dont see Ox or Keita being sold though.

We wont get as much for those players now but selling clubs wont be able to command as much either and its time fees came down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Klopp i hope.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

5 minutes in
    Sheff Utd 0-1 Spurs
    Aurier
    Last edited by miller0863; 17th January 2021 at 03:45 PM.