Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Because our biggest threat are our full backs and their confidence is shot not having especially Virgil plus joe at the back with their pace covering.
    It's not rocket science.
    It's not rocket science to see how many chances we screw up either, or pathetic shooting

Or the fact TAA is a solid 4/10 rating at the moment every game and neco would be better

Off for a "walk" anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    not at all Doc. read all my comments collectively. I am saying these lads have brought us out of obscurtity let us stand with them and believe which is our way. I am saying this season has been tough in terms of injuries long term but also short term, we have forever had someone important injured. The lads are out of form but not out of quality. Form is temp, quality not. Let us wait and see how many they win in the next 5 years and then say whether it was a failed dynasty or not. We will never have the 70's and 80's again in terms of dominance. Even if we win 2 or 3 titles in 10 years that would be great, that would mean we won 30% of the titles out of a possible top 7 teams even 8 with Everton emerging.

Also i said we could win 2 in a row even 3 or only 1 in these 3 seasons. People are already crowning City champions I for one won't and even if we dont win it I am sure we will win in less than 30 years. These boys are not to be blamed for the 30 years. The have given you 2 CL finals, 2 maybe 3 title tilts in a row. If that is not good enough then i don't know. Writing them off now could be "defeatist" imo
    I think I'm being more of a realist here.

We had the opportunity to put space between us and the others. Failed on 4 occasions. The palace game aside, we've been awful. Again, I follow stats. The last time we failed to score in 3 consecutive games was in 2005.

You go on about the strain our players are going through and the vast conspiracies about officials not wanting us to win. We've been through shitty officiating and actually scored enough to not let their decisions affect us.

I'd want consistency, not shithousery. Staying in touch with the top four and top is essential, not dropping off our form for the last 2 seasons without any plan b or answer to teams who park the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why is cbs such a problem to you?

Without the villa game we had pretty much strongest team out

Wouldn't we have the best defensive record? I know it effects us in other ways

but why can't you see what the real problem is?? we can't finish for shit
    Its the most important position in the team. Its no coincidence that we won a league when we finally got a top class cb.
    Our whole play has changed since we lost them. We are deeper. Play isn't being spread as quick from the back like vvd used to.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Because our biggest threat are our full backs and their confidence is shot not having especially Virgil plus joe at the back with their pace covering.
    It's not rocket science.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why is cbs such a problem to you?

Without the villa game we had pretty much strongest team out

Wouldn't we have the best defensive record? I know it effects us in other ways

but why can't you see what the real problem is?? we can't finish for shit
    Also we are currently top scorers in the league. So is scoring an issue?
    Yes in the last 4 games, but before that?
    I still think the lose of the back 2 has affected our whole build up play. We aren't even pressing high up the pitch anymore. We are deeper. And it all comes from not having our defence

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I think I'm being more of a realist here.

We had the opportunity to put space between us and the others. Failed on 4 occasions. The palace game aside, we've been awful. Again, I follow stats. The last time we failed to score in 3 consecutive games was in 2005.

You go on about the strain our players are going through and the vast conspiracies about officials not wanting us to win. We've been through shitty officiating and actually scored enough to not let their decisions affect us.

I'd want consistency, not shithousery. Staying in touch with the top four and top is essential, not dropping off our form for the last 2 seasons without any plan b or answer to teams who park the bus.
    Doc I see where you coming from. I am also frustrated and also feel that we have blown a massive chance with all the draws. But nothing is given in football. I am just swallowing the pain with a tonic of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I still think the lose of the back 2 has affected our whole build up play. We aren't even pressing high up the pitch anymore. We are deeper. And it all comes from not having our defence
    Losing the defenders and playing others out of position is what's caused a decline. Missing Henderson and Fabinho in their allocated roles has had an impact on how we've played.

Having said that, the forwards. have had several chances at finishing games, but for some god awful reasons, this hasn't come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Scoring crucial goals or conversion is pur issue. We need 4 against Leeds because we conceded 3. We had to score more than 1 to win in most because we concede. Nut also if we had been more deadly games would be dusted earlier. Teams would fear when playing. It is a knock on effect. We got away with crap finishing becuase of the sheer volume of chances we created. Bit now that we have 1 or 2 a game we can see that our strikers tense up and also in general play their touch is so nervous. Pass so indecisive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Losing the defenders and playing others out of position is what's caused a decline. Missing Henderson and Fabinho in their allocated roles has had an impact on how we've played.

Having said that, the forwards. have had several chances at finishing games, but for some god awful reasons, this hasn't come to fruition.
    Agreed, losing the lads in midfield is a hit and again is due to the injuries.

The players up front are not prolific like fowler or rush. They need too many chances to score. This was the same last year, but it cost us less due to the defence.
    The game against West Brom was like so many games last year. We missed too many chances but held on for the win. This year we don't hold on cos our defence isn't as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Scoring crucial goals or conversion is pur issue. We need 4 against Leeds because we conceded 3. We had to score more than 1 to win in most because we concede. Nut also if we had been more deadly games would be dusted earlier. Teams would fear when playing. It is a knock on effect. We got away with crap finishing becuase of the sheer volume of chances we created. Bit now that we have 1 or 2 a game we can see that our strikers tense up and also in general play their touch is so nervous. Pass so indecisive.
    Is that any different to last year? We huffed and puffed in so many gamesast year and our defence got us through.