Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester United (Match Thread)

I hope klopp isn’t in danger of disappearing up his own arse like wenger trying to convince himself that his system is all that matters and quality players don’t remain the most important factor in any team. We need some better players in certain positions. Simple as. We need a striker a cb and a rb to challenge Trent. Why aren’t we doing these things.

Its obvious what the issues are they are blocking our attacks down the sides even Pogba played over on the side to stop our attacks.
    Thats when you need some in the middle. again Firmino is not a number 9. We are going to fail to score in a lot of games is this continues.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    positives, Thiago, Jota. Mane, Salah, Robbo, Fab and the rest didnt just become league and champions league winners by luck they do have the quality. Not the form at the moment. Also Klopp is not that bad hey, we have been spoilt by this group i can give them this drop in form. When we win 6-10 in a row lots of people will be eating humble pie. Le us enjoy this part of supporting as well. It is painful but we have band aid in that these lads are the current champions. Lets have faith it is the Liverpool way isnt it?
    If you're looking at building a dynasty like the ones we had before us, having a major drop in form isn't acceptable. I agree, losing players wasn't great, but we had a full squad when we got shat on by villa. You could see the arrogance in the team and the manager that they could walk into a game and just win it.

Not being able to muster up decent shots on target for several games is by no means acceptable. Late/ineffective subs who don't have the ability to change a game needs addressing also. It's become a thing and its not working and never has!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    The fact that we're not buying a CB says it all yes

Would be nice to make top4 mind you
    Considering our injuries I'm rather happy where we are right now. 2nd in the league with hopefully some injuries clearing up. I think it's cities league.
    God help us once klopp leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Indeed if I was a utd fan i'd be pissed for being so negative they could of won today let's face it

Henderson may aswell have been sitting down 96% of the game
    Opportunity missed, This was the game Ole could have made a statement but was trying to do a Jose which almost work if not for Becker.

Tere is no way they will win the league no way.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I hope klopp isn’t in danger of disappearing up his own arse like wenger trying to convince himself that his system is all that matters and quality players don’t remain the most important factor in any team. We need some better players in certain positions. Simple as. We need a striker a cb and a rb to challenge Trent. Why aren’t we doing these things.
    Where's the money coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I mean.....

....we could have gotten some cover for the CB position in the summer when Lovren left, rather than leaving it to chance.
    Which might have left us in a better position than we are in today.

We kind of do have ourselves to blame for THAT at least.

We also can blame ourselves (or at least Klopp) for playing first team players in dead rubber useless CL games which then put them at injury risk leading to us losing them for extended periods.

And don't get me started on our substitution patterns, Klopp's rotation style that kills players confidence... I could go on and on and on about how we've mostly done this to ourselves.
    I agree I didnt want Lovren to go he is a good CB.

I didnt mention Jota on purpose.

I think we have to accept like I did the moment VVD/Gomez were injured we were struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Where's the money coming from?
    Lebron James?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Lebron James?
    Oh good

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Considering our injuries I'm rather happy where we are right now. 2nd in the league with hopefully some injuries clearing up. I think it's cities league.
    God help us once klopp leaves.
    We're not 2nd in the league.

We're currently third and will drop to fourth as soon as City beat Palace and then down to 5th when the Bluenoses win their game in hand.

You're happy with us being 5th before the halfway point of the season mostly because of silly points we've dropped against relegation fodder?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!