Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester United (Match Thread)

one thing that is clear, Liverpool need the supporters on the terraces more than any other team. Not just the home support but even the away. Just that away support of Villa last season and Cardiff away 2 seasons ago. A Shanks said the football club is the players, Manager and the supporters. We miss those constant singing and cheers for everything, even Klopp is lost without the people. Imagine what it would have been like tonight with Anfield packed.
    Last edited by HLOGI; 17th January 2021 at 08:06 PM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    one thing that is clear, Liverpool need the supporters on the terraces more than any other team. Not just the home support but even the away. Just that away support of Villa last season and Cardiff away 2 seasons ago. A Shanks said the football club is the players, Manager and the supporters. We miss those constant singing and cheers for everything, even Klopp is lost without the people. Imagine what it would have been like tonight with Anfield packed.
    It makes a huge difference. Not just for us.

Think the winning points haul this year will be less than 80 pts this season. Absurd.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    We're not 2nd in the league.

We're currently third and will drop to fourth as soon as City beat Palace and then down to 5th when the Bluenoses win their game in hand.

You're happy with us being 5th before the halfway point of the season mostly because of silly points we've dropped against relegation fodder?
    I'm happy with us being 3 points off top spot while we have No CBs. That is a brilliant achievement in my opinion.

As soon as we lost vvd and gomez the league was over for us.

Why is cbs such a problem to you?

Without the villa game we had pretty much strongest team out

Wouldn't we have the best defensive record? I know it effects us in other ways

but why can't you see what the real problem is?? we can't finish for shit

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Thats a defeatist attitude HLOGI. Happy to wait another 30 years?

Not entitled at all. Never once complained about being out played by a superior team. 1st Leg Barca thought we played well, but they were just outstanding.

What we've been seeing lately? Regression
    not at all Doc. read all my comments collectively. I am saying these lads have brought us out of obscurtity let us stand with them and believe which is our way. I am saying this season has been tough in terms of injuries long term but also short term, we have forever had someone important injured. The lads are out of form but not out of quality. Form is temp, quality not. Let us wait and see how many they win in the next 5 years and then say whether it was a failed dynasty or not. We will never have the 70's and 80's again in terms of dominance. Even if we win 2 or 3 titles in 10 years that would be great, that would mean we won 30% of the titles out of a possible top 7 teams even 8 with Everton emerging.

Also i said we could win 2 in a row even 3 or only 1 in these 3 seasons. People are already crowning City champions I for one won't and even if we dont win it I am sure we will win in less than 30 years. These boys are not to be blamed for the 30 years. The have given you 2 CL finals, 2 maybe 3 title tilts in a row. If that is not good enough then i don't know. Writing them off now could be "defeatist" imo

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It makes a huge difference. Not just for us.

Think the winning points haul this year will be less than 80 pts this season. Absurd.
    I am of the view Liverpool supporters are the best and impact matches more than others. Of late i can say City crows also very vocal and push their team on, Sheffield, Watford i can say as well. Think Arsenal and Spurs even Chelsea might be loving that fans are not there lol

The whole attack needs a refresh. Would not be surprised to see Salah go in the summer and maybe even Bobby, though who would give us a decent wedge for him I have no idea.

We have lost all our attacking mojo. It’s all one paced and predictable, while when we do get a chance our finishing is quite hideous

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The whole attack needs a refresh. Would not be surprised to see Salah go in the summer and maybe even Bobby, though who would give us a decent wedge for him I have no idea.

We have lost all our attacking mojo. It’s all one paced and predictable, while when we do get a chance our finishing is quite hideous
    Agree, I think someone to replace Bobby would be enough but I can’t see us getting that much for him.

I think Salah will be the one to go though which will be a massive shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Because our biggest threat are our full backs and their confidence is shot not having especially Virgil plus joe at the back with their pace covering.
    It's not rocket science.