Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Is that any different to last year? We huffed and puffed in so many gamesast year and our defence got us through.
    That is the thought I am conveying. Last season we were still creating pre lockdown. Wasnt rock and roll but wasnt as stale as now.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Scoring crucial goals or conversion is pur issue. We need 4 against Leeds because we conceded 3. We had to score more than 1 to win in most because we concede. Nut also if we had been more deadly games would be dusted earlier. Teams would fear when playing. It is a knock on effect. We got away with crap finishing becuase of the sheer volume of chances we created. Bit now that we have 1 or 2 a game we can see that our strikers tense up and also in general play their touch is so nervous. Pass so indecisive.
    What you are describing there is of a team short of confidence. That's what happens when you can't turn draws into wins.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    That is the thought I am conveying. Last season we were still creating pre lockdown. Wasnt rock and roll but wasnt as stale as now.
    Its more than likely a combination of a lot of factors.
    For me the biggest is losing the CBs. Then there is covid. That must be affecting ayers and with no crowds. Our crowd is a massive advantage.
    And then maybe our players are mentally jaded from the last 3 seasons? Maybe Jurgen a bit too. Who knows.
    Roght now we are going through a rough patch. Just drew with the team that's top. We are 3 off. Let's get a bit of momentum going and see where we are in May.
    I would love a CB in January to help out, but I don't see it happening.

Also we are currently top scorers in the league. So is scoring an issue?
    Yes in the last 4 games, but before that?
    I still think the lose of the back 2 has affected our whole build up play. We aren't even pressing high up the pitch anymore. We are deeper. And it all comes from not having our defence
    Spot on that is obvious to anyone who has watched us.

They will say we have a decent record at the back of course we have nobody bloody attacks us much but if we push up we leave space and fast players will get in on goal.

We need a CB but its not easy to find one who is good in the air, has pace and is good on the ball without spending at least £50m.

I just hope we dont go for that Upamecano guy ive watched him quite often and he isnt as good as the hype suggests imo.

Is that any different to last year? We huffed and puffed in so many gamesast year and our defence got us through.
    And that’s why it’s so important our forwards make the most of what opportunities they get. They have all been so wasteful when in decent positions 17 shots today and only 3 on target.

Even though we might not be as creative with the changes in midfield/defence we are still giving the forwards plenty of opportunities in good positions. They just can’t seem to finish at the moment. Bobby the biggest culprit

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    What you are describing there is of a team short of confidence. That's what happens when VAR turns 1-0 wins into draws
    Fixed that for you, Everton, Brighton, WBA, Newcastle, Southampton, 9 points robbed off us, possibly even 11 being that had VAR been applied honestly we'd have had 2 pens v Southampton and their goal was never a free fucking kick in the first place, not to mention the affect on form it has
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    And that’s why it’s so important our forwards make the most of what opportunities they get. They have all been so wasteful when in decent positions 17 shots today and only 3 on target.

Even though we might not be as creative with the changes in midfield/defence we are still giving the forwards plenty of opportunities in good positions. They just can’t seem to finish at the moment. Bobby the biggest culprit
    I would think we were the same last year but we created way more. We aren't creating as much and therfore the misses are becoming even more costly.

For me the biggest is losing the CBs. Then there is covid. That must be affecting ayers and with no crowds. Our crowd is a massive advantage.
    And then maybe our players are mentally jaded from the last 3 seasons? Maybe Jurgen a bit too. Who knows.
    Roght now we are going through a rough patch. Just drew with the team that's top. We are 3 off. Let's get a bit of momentum going and see where we are in May.
    Agree. But our finishing has always been lacking we just created 20 chances a game and would score from those. Now the chances have dried up it showed we dont have natural born killers in the box. Foxes in the box. But our form will improve. Klopp just needs to play Jota a lot more it will be a game changer. Firmino also deserves to be dropped no one will convince me that he offers anything but being a eleventh player on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

They will say we have a decent record at the back of course we have nobody bloody attacks us much but if we push up we leave space and fast players will get in on goal.

We need a CB but its not easy to find one who is good in the air, has pace and is good on the ball without spending at least £50m.

I just hope we dont go for that Upamecano guy ive watched him quite often and he isnt as good as the hype suggests imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post

Just had a look at our results/fixtures for the past month or so.
    Joel Matip played against Palace, if I remember correctly. Then played part of the first half against West Brom before injury.
    Hasn't played since, and we've drawn three and lost one since his last full game for us.
    Apologies if someone else may have posted this already.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

All of this. Including Upa who who. He has been terrible in all the games I have seen him in.