Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Just had a look at our results/fixtures for the past month or so.
    Joel Matip played against Palace, if I remember correctly. Then played part of the first half against West Brom before injury.
    Hasn't played since, and we've drawn three and lost one since his last full game for us.
    Apologies if someone else may have posted this already.
    Matip is a beast in terms of defending in his own right. His reading of the game as well as intercepts are tops. He also seems to be a talker from the back. Sad that he is made of biscuits. But quality is there. He looks clumsy but look in this case is decieving.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Agree. But our finishing has always been lacking we just created 20 chances a game and would score from those. Now the chances have dried up it showed we dont have natural born killers in the box. Foxes in the box. But our form will improve. Klopp just needs to play Jota a lot more it will be a game changer. Firmino also deserves to be dropped no one will convince me that he offers anything but being a eleventh player on the field.
    Yep I'd agree, our finishing has been poor even last year. That's where I'm saying our defence is more important. We do need to take our chances.
    I always wonder what we would be like with Kane up top.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Just had a look at our results/fixtures for the past month or so.
    Joel Matip played against Palace, if I remember correctly. Then played part of the first half against West Brom before injury.
    Hasn't played since, and we've drawn three and lost one since his last full game for us.
    Apologies if someone else may have posted this already.
    Yep and guess what Matip is good in the air and a good ball player.

He isnt quick but he is quick enough and is superb at reading the game.

Forwards not finishing doesnt help but I guess the positive is we created chances today.

The reality is we are playing for a top 4 place and if offered 4th id take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Yep I'd agree, our finishing has been poor even last year. That's where I'm saying our defence is more important. We do need to take our chances.
    We would have had the title wrapped up already.

If we could just have these players for 10 to 15 league games in a row all available at the same time. We would win 90%. Becker, Robbo, Thiago, Fab. Mane, Salah Jota and Matip. Play any other 3 with those doesn't matter who but those 8 for me are irreplaceable. Henderson is important but dont think he will be as sorely missed he is replaceable. Very good but replaceable. This goes for Trent and Bobby as well. On their day they can be boss but if they dont play you could still make plans without them.

So thos 8 we challenge if not we wont. If they fir for the rest of the season and 1 of VVD or Joe return becuase we all know Marip wont make it to 15 games consecutively. With those 8 mentioned above I think we can go on a winning run.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    No different would be my opinion, Kane is very good at Spurs, he also misses his fair share of chances, but how he performs v Spurs is a moot point as he doesn't face teams playing 6-4-0 most weeks denying him all the space that make him so good for Spurs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No different would be my opinion, Kane is very good at Spurs, he also misses his fair share of chances, but how he performs v Spurs is a moot point as he doesn't face teams playing 6-4-0 most weeks denying him all the space that make him so good for Spurs
    Kane is the best finisher in this league. There is no better goal scorer. Son is also a sniper. Kane would improve all of the teams in world football. He is good. He is a chearing c. But he is the best 9 in the league and one of the best in world football.

If we could just have these players for 10 to 15 league games in a row all available at the same time. We would win 90%. Becker, Robbo, Thiago, Fab. Mane, Salah Jota and Matip. Play any other 3 with those doesn't matter who but those 8 for me are irreplaceable. Henderson is important but dont think he will be as sorely missed he is replaceable. Very good but replaceable. This goes for Trent and Bobby as well. On their day they can be boss but if they dont play you could still make plans without them.

So thos 8 we challenge if not we wont. If they fir for the rest of the season and 1 of VVD or Joe return becuase we all know Marip wont make it to 15 games consecutively. With those 8 mentioned above I think we can go on a winning run.
    Our midfield, particularly Hendo and Gini above all others, is the reason we have been so successful

Alisson. Matip, Fabinho (CB) Robbo, Trent, Hendo, Gini, Thiago, Mane, Mo, Bobby/Jota

If we can have a run with that 12 fit we'd be absolutely flying in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Really? Maybe I don't see him enough but I think he is a great finisher and has a great work rate. I always thought he would score a bagful on our team and create for others

Kane is the best finisher in this league. There is no better goal scorer. Son is also a sniper. Kane would improve all of the teams in world football. He is good. He is a chearing c. But he is the best 9 in the league and one of the best in world football.
    Again, your only basis is what he does for Spurs, he doesn't play against sides lined up 6-4-0 most weeks for Spurs, if you actually study him and the positions he likes to operate in, I think he'd really struggle against teams who line up 6-4-0 as he has for England against rank outsiders